cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can I dump in the curbside sewer?

boosTT
Explorer
Explorer
My new house has a curbside sewer for storm water right by my drive way. This is a public sewer and not connected to my house. I'm guessing its illegal to dump my gray water in there? Any one know for sure?
138 REPLIES 138

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
free_man_and_dog wrote:
popeyemth wrote:
Yardvarkers wrote:
I have a 1,000 gallon septic tank and 300 ft. of leaching lines. Where does it go?? answer.... IN THE GROUND.
:B

To those that truly don't get it this is the difference
Septic systems are sized and permitted based on a PERCOLATION TEST
The LEACHING LINES are sized based on this test
The water is filtered through plant roots,soil,and substrate
This is not the same as a storm water drain that discharges directly into the river/ lake / bay.
Simply because storm water run off is not purified water is no excuse to further contaminate it because of personal expediency.
The rights of the many outway the rights of the individual .
It's called civilized society.

Excellent response Popeye. But watch out!

Must see videoโ€ฆ
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
LOL wife heard me laughing and said I was having too much fun.
Time to take out the trash! 13 degrees out, wind chill below zero ๐Ÿ˜ž
You just wait, I'll get you...:)
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

free_man_and_do
Explorer
Explorer
popeyemth wrote:
Yardvarkers wrote:
I have a 1,000 gallon septic tank and 300 ft. of leaching lines. Where does it go?? answer.... IN THE GROUND.

This is not the same as a storm water drain that discharges directly into the river/ lake / bay.
Simply because storm water run off is not purified water is no excuse to further contaminate it because of personal expediency.

Excellent response Popeye. But watch out!

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Steve S wrote:
Isn't the reason the dumps are on the right side of the trailer so that we can open them while driving down the road?

That's what we do in Canada, right? I guess that's why someone here said that people from Canada are odd. ๐Ÿ˜„
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Steve S wrote:
Isn't the reason the dumps are on the right side of the trailer so that we can open them while driving down the road?

Yep, that is why they have the culverts in the middle of the highway!

You must be from Florida the original home of the SINK HOLE ๐Ÿ™‚
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Yardvarkers wrote:

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Steve S wrote:

Yep, that is why they have the culverts in the middle of the highway!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
STOP IT
you guys are making my side hurt LOL

Steve_S1
Explorer
Explorer
2010 Cougar 25RL

westend
Explorer
Explorer
calamus wrote:
popeyemth wrote:
Denis,I think "potable" means "drinkable,unpolluted"

So you would drink the water from washing your car or water run off from the lawn sprinklers? And Discharge from a potable water source would be your grey Tank as the water is potable that is going into the tank. Dennis you are correct!
So, if I drink some potable water and it goes through my personal processing plant, that would be considered "potable water discharge"? :B
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

FLman2
Explorer
Explorer
With so many making comments, could it have some to due with the cold weather much of the country is experiencing? Just wondering...........

Monaco_Montclai
Explorer
Explorer
I waz under the idea, that all waste water had to be treated ALL, wow now it's all happy-camping

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
calamus wrote:
popeyemth wrote:
Denis,I think "potable" means "drinkable,unpolluted"

So you would drink the water from washing your car or water run off from the lawn sprinklers? And Discharge from a potable water source would be your grey Tank as the water is potable that is going into the tank. Dennis you are correct!

I would suggest the use of a dictionary. Dennis is quoting a source that refers to "potable water DISCHARGE " reguardless of the source grey water is no longer potable or it would be fresh water not grey.

Explorer II
Explorer II
I can only speak from my neck of the woods; dumping grey water into the storm drain is illegal, dumping it onto your private 'Residential' property, i.e. front lawn, is legal. Our storm drain discharges straight into the bay.

Go figure.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Locky
Explorer
Explorer
wrvond wrote:
The answer to your question is:
"I don't know."
You'll need to check with your city code enforcement officer. If you don't have one, check with the county code enforcement. They'll be glad to answer your question without insulting you.

The best answer so far.