Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Capri Cowboy Camper

Nhasbrook
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

I am new to the truck camper world (& this forum) but have been looking into my truck camper options for awhile. I drive a 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 (extended cab) so my options are a bit limited due to my payload capacity (~1,800 lbs). I came across the Capri Cowboy Camper, and with its lightweight design and economic price it seems to fit the bill for what I am wanting.

Does anyone have any experience with a Capri Cowboy camper? If so, what do you think of it? My other reason for reaching out was to see if anyone currently owns one and lives within 250 miles of Denver, CO. My wife and I live near downtown Denver and would like to avoid having to go down to Bluff Dale, TX (the headquarters and closest dealer of Carpi campers to us) to actually see one. I am having a tough time getting a feel for the actual size with just pictures and can't find any used Capri Cowboy's for sale that I could look at in the area.

- Nathan
7 REPLIES 7

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
If you'd like to see a well equipped Eureka, we had one built to our needs in such a way that I could custom build the interior to suit our needs. This is a link to the video I made when we picked it up. It did not have the fridge in it as I intended to install my own. As shown in the video it tipped the Cat scale at 1,220 lbs. Read more information in the description below the video. Also there is a second video (see link provided) I made showing all the modifications that I made to make it our own. After all our additions and added gear we were still below $10K. Keep in mind that this is a very lightweight and utilitarian camper with no propane system. It is also only 6.5 feet wide so about the same width as the truck .... side view mirrors offer good views and parking is easier. It is a very feasible alternative for half ton trucks. I looked at Capris also but found the cost to go up dramatically with options as well as weight.

2018 Eureka Truck Camper

TxTiger
Explorer
Explorer
You may have done this but a regional craigslist search might show one for sale closer to you.
2000 F250, 7.3 PSD, 6 speed manual, CC, SB
2013 Northstar TC800

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Just throwing one more option out there for a light weight TC...
Eureka in TN
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
Found reviews for ya

Older review

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
And this http://www.trailerlife.com/rv-gear/rv-news/camping-without-boundaries/
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try this https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/buyers-guide/hard-side/capri-camper-buyers-guide/

Surprised your internet search didnโ€™t find this.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Rustofer
Explorer
Explorer
One of the truck camper websites did a store on the Capri Cowboy - not sure if it was TruckCamperAdventure or TruckCamperMagazine. It gave a pretty good idea of the unit.