cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carlisle Tire Warranty

DesertTracker
Explorer
Explorer
After only 20 months and slightly more than 2000 miles, my Carlisle Radial Trail RH Load Range C tires developed sidewall cracks. The tires are always covered when parked, and maintained at 50 PSI, and I do not use any tire dressing chemicals. I typically run at ~63-65 mph and I am usually about 5200lbs on the axles, less if I’m heading to a hookup site (rare).
The cracks were in the center area of the sidewall where the letters are. Two were pretty bad, one was kind of bad, and one had very few cracks at all. The worst was on the same side as the least cracked. Since I am pretty careful about maintenance in general and tires in particular, I decided to have them checked out. I bought them at America’s Tire in Ventura, CA when I discovered a separating Maxxis, but they are 3 hours away. I took them back to America’s Tire in Lancaster CA which is only about 1.5 hours away. They called Carlisle and who said “we warranty ALL sidewall cracks for three years” so I got 4 new ones.
While Carlisle treated me well with the warranty, the Lancaster CA America’s Tire did not treat me so well; the salesman was extremely rude and difficult to deal with; I won’t be back there again!
Anyway, good news on the warranty, but I will be watching this set closely.
2011 Keystone Springdale 189
2000 Dodge 2500 4x4 V10 4.10
8 REPLIES 8

DesertTracker
Explorer
Explorer
I've always had good luck with AT also. I did complain to corporate, but all I got was a phone call from the store manager asking for another chance to prove they are "better than the rest". As far as I am concerned, they had their chance.
2011 Keystone Springdale 189
2000 Dodge 2500 4x4 V10 4.10

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Good news on the Carlisle China bombs, but 100% 180 degrees out from any the service I've received from America's Tire over the last 10 years. I've never seen a rude employee there and I'm confident corp headquarters would want to hear about this. I continue to do all my business at Americas Tire.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Back in '04 I called Carlisle about issues I was having with their tires on my Starcraft. Carlisle told me that Starcraft put cheap under rated tires on my trailer. They also said that model of tire was not intended for my size trailer and shipped me 5 brand new higher rated tires for free. Cudos to Carlisle and boo to Starcraft for being so cheap. BTW that was the most troublesome trailer I have ever owned.

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
glad they took good care of you...

1. THE CARLISLE TRANSPORTATION PRODUCTS WARRANTY (“Warranty”)
applies only to the Original Purchaser of the CTP tires and/or wheels for TWO YEARS
from the date of purchase.
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glad Carlisle took care of the issue. I`m running the same tire in a load range "E" and have no issues. I just replaced my Carlisles with another set. the OE tires were China bombs that lasted a year and a half and about 1k miles! I installed the Carlisles back in 09 and they lasted 5 years before one of the belts separated last year in IN. no blow out just noticed it on my usual walk around. those tires had close to 10k miles. I just installed the other 3, 2 weeks ago with the same Carlisle. I`ve had great luck. When I was doing my research the failures of the Carlisles all seem to be in the C and D ratings, the E`s don`t seem to have the failures the others do.

Good luck!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Glad Carlisle took care of you. My guess is any dealer selling their tires could fix you up, might be a dealer right there at home.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
Boy oh Boy, I had the same name tire ( carlise ) load D on my brand new trailer. wish I knew about that warranty..
same side wall issue. tires were 2 years old.

now I have GoodYear Marathons

I wouldn't buy that brand... even if they were Free..
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Well that's a pretty good deal from Carlisle, too bad Lancaster AT tried to spoil your day. Some of these business' just don't understand that bad news travels really fast.

Good luck with your new tires.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton