cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our new truck has finally arrived!!!

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Our new Chev Sivlerado 3500HD has finally arrived & the hitch is installed. We can't wait! Two weeks till retirement...
20 REPLIES 20

talonhead
Explorer
Explorer
I retired once, started the next career while I was still burning my vacation time from the first career. Now, I'm 11 years into the second career and looking into retirement again!
MikeH
2014 Ram 3500 Limited Mega Dually 4WD (True Blue Pearl) w/Alcoa's & paint match bumpers.

ls1mike
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats on the new Truck and retirement!

I only have about...18 years...
Mike
2024 Chevy 2500HD 6.6 gas/Allison
2012 Passport 3220 BHWE
Me, the Wife, two little ones and two dogs.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Quiet honestly, I think any of the big 3 manufactures build a good truck now. So all you need to do is get one that is rated for the load you will pull, that is comfortable for you and you get a good deal.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
RVcrazy wrote:
Our new Chev Sivlerado 3500HD has finally arrived & the hitch is installed. We can't wait! Two weeks till retirement...

Thank you for purchasing the Silverado! I hope it is everything and more then what you expect!

Congratulation on the retirement. Feel free to travel your way over to Michigan and enjoy Pure Michigan!
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I still have to figure out the posting pictures part... We chose the Chevy because of the Duramax reputation & the new changes for the 2015 model for towing. Thanks for your congrats! We are still getting acquainted with the truck and all of the bells & whistles. We have never owned a diesel before, nor towed a 5th (just TT).

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations. Ours tows very well and is rather nice solo. A little big but I'm getting used to it after driving it for a month now.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome choice and what I'd buy if getting new. Well done.

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
Only problem with retirement is I never get a day off anymore. :S

Great new truck, happy you got it.
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

RVcrazy wrote:

Congrats! Where are the pictures?

Your going to love your new truck...

Superduty123
Explorer
Explorer
:M

I'll be 57 in Dec and I can't retire for 5 more years

๐Ÿ˜ž

I'll be watching from the sidelines (my cube) :S

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
In case this information is needed I will tell you guys that after retiring in 1999 it really is awesome and feel lucky that we could at the age of 58.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
Holy cow.... am I the only one who's going to be working past June? ๐Ÿ™‚ You guys are making me jealous.

Nice truck OP. I just bought a Ram but honestly these days it's a coin toss. There really isn't a bad choice.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
RVcrazy wrote:

TucsonJim wrote:
Congratulations. I'm a few months ahead of you. Retirement is AWESOME! Have fun on the road.

dennisgt60 wrote:
Nice truck!

We have five weeks to go to retire. Bought the truck two years ago and took delivery on a new fifth wheel May 5, this year.

We too are ready to go!

Still looking at about 18 months! :M
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

dennisgt60
Explorer
Explorer
Nice truck!

We have five weeks to go to retire. Bought the truck two years ago and took delivery on a new fifth wheel May 5, this year.

We too are ready to go!
2012 F-250 XLT, 6.2L, 4x4, CC, Standard Bed, 10,000lb. GVWR, 3.73 Axle.
Truck CAT Wt. 7,120 lbs.
Stated payload max. 2,881 lbs.
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8282ws.