Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CHECK out this tear drop_vintage

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a project for someone.....Vintage Tear Drop
(Disclaimer: it's not mine or anyone I know)

Here is the description:

What we believe to be a 1940's Home Built camper. It is approx 10' long. It has a 1930's Mopar double dip tube axle under it. Camper has rust and a little bit of rot around the bottom edges. The floor seems fairly solid, but I haven't looked over it that closely. There is a bed frame inside that looks like it will fold up when not in use. The interior is bare and needs complete everything. All the windows need help as well as the door. You should have no problem pulling it home. We pulled it over 100 miles in Aug without any problems. The wiring doesn't work at all and it has some really cool old school lights on it. No title. The front tongue was really crappy and we cut it off and welded a better one on it. It is solid, but could use some cosmetic cleanup when you restore this. I currently am using it for storage, it doesn't seem to leak. It is what it is, you may never see anything like this again. It certainly isn't a gem, but then again, if it was cherry, you would be spending a LOT more!!
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro
11 REPLIES 11

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
I have purchased a lot better (like fully functional) for a lot less.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
workhardplayharder wrote:
You would be better off starting from scratch.
that is a fact. For the money they are asking, I can build a real nice frame.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
You would be better off starting from scratch.

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
Why no pictures of the interior:H
:S Oh, I know why, because nobody would even think to buy it if they saw what the interior looked like.

Maybe someone can make something out of this trailer, but I don't see it being worth more than $1 to take it away. Did they actually have the nerve to say "rust", as if there was just some.....Heck, there is a 6" hole in the front of the thing. They drove it 100 miles without problems....I'm surprised that it didn't separate from the frame and fly away?:)

Some people seem to think that "old" means that it's an antique, and there for valuable.
Though maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about:H
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
You would have to pay me to take it.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
with that much rust maybe it was stored at the bottom of the ocean for a while. I like the big rusted hole in the front. And is that a bar to slide over the door to lock it shut? :h

I know some day I'd like to build a teardrop.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I`de give $200 at most. and that`s being generous. I wonder if you get whatever is living inside for free or is that extra!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

westend
Explorer
Explorer
What I find interesting is the amount of rust. The skin appears to be galvanized steel and it sure didn't hold up well with the rust. I have a lifeboat off a Great Lakes ship in my yard built in 1937 and the hull, built with galvanized steel, has no rust. I find other things built with galvanized steel from the same age range that has no rust, also. The poor teardrop may have been parked where salt was in it's environment.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pass
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's interesting. But, I don't know if it's $799.00 worth of interesting.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
A RAT ROD Travel Trailer:B

Would go great being pulled by these: Check It

Markiemark
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.