cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City water hookup size?

zombieman
Explorer
Explorer
I recently went camping in my 1984 Leasure Craft (made by travel craft according to insurance agent). I hooked up the water hook up the first night and everything was fine. I had to move to a different location for the rest of the camping trip and reconnected my water. It seemed to be obstructed by something. I then realized that I could no longer feel the check valve in the connection. I believe it broke and went up into the connection and is blocking it. I'm now looking on Amazon for a replacement. There are several to choose from that look similar but wanted to make sure its the right size before I go taking stuff apart. Does anyone know what the normal size is? Is it likely the 2 3/4 ones on that old of a camper? Thank you.

Also, should I use a water pressure regulator next time? I'm new to this stuff.
3 REPLIES 3

Horse_Doctor
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely use a water pressure regulator. The pressures can vary all over the place in RV parks and campgrounds.
Michael and Mona Greenlee + TJ the wonder dog
2003 Bigfoot 29G
2012 F150 STX 4x4 toad

zombieman
Explorer
Explorer
Its a flush mount I know for sure. Unsure on the three screws but I think it does have 3. Unfortunately the camper is not here at my house to look at or else id take a picture or go out and look at it. I ordered one that looks as close as i remember but im still not sure. Here is the one I ordered on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MXGXIY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also got this regulator: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BZD08U/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
They vary by manufactuer.
What does the exterior portion look like?
Is it a surface mount with three screws?
Is it in a hatch?
There are different configuration. Some have a male pipe thread and some have a female. You almost need to take it out so as to get the correct one and probably a new pipe fitting to connect pipe to it.
You could look through this site for yours.
Water inlets

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker