Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cleaning your trailer

tshirtman
Explorer
Explorer
Do you do the inside or outside first?
What products do you use inside to clean with?
9 REPLIES 9

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
Aluminum Siding wrote:
With beers and good tunes it's actually somewhat enjoyable.

Um...what isn't enjoyable with beers and good tunes?
Final notice from MasterCard. Good! I'm sick of hearing from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, E2 WD w/sway
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS

CountryKim
Explorer
Explorer
In summer the inside of my trailer is cleaner than the inside of my house. Priorities lol. I also use the same products as inside the home. Swiffers for dusting, Lysol wipe ups, vinyl floor cleaner etc.

bigcitypopo
Explorer
Explorer
The wife and I team the inside... start in the rear. bunkhouse gets stripped, linens and all, then the head... all towels, our bed... all linens to wash. I unfunk the bunks, vacuum everything, floors. wipe down with a disinfectant cloth.. all handrails, and ceiling where they sleep.

kitchen was cleaned night prior and all put away...

vacuum the living area... clean fridge, defrost,

Outside.. hose down, wash, air dry, roof gets cleaned every other wash. (TPO) 303 the decals and tires... slide in, load clean linens... 3.5hrs total from arrival home... fill the fresh tank... park her in the rv lot on site... done.
2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I only wash the inside. I use a bottle of 409 and a roll of paper towels. I start on the stove, table and counters.Then I do the bathroom sink and counter. Then it's toilet and finally the floors crawling backward from the bathroom in the rear to the door up front.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Aluminum_Siding
Explorer
Explorer
Pull it in the drive way usually at 2pm on Sunday after a trip. Open the awning and slide. Pressure wash the roof then the top of the awning (roof gets rubber roof treatment every 3 months as well as leak inspection and lap sealant touch up on any crack). Then soap up all sides of the TT and pressure wash. Then pressure wash the underside of the awning. Dry the TT. 303 Aerospace the decals. 303 Aerospace the whole trailer every 3rd wash. Armorall the tires.

By now the DW has gutted the inside removing everything that comes out, sheets, towels, toiletries, cloths, food etc. Then I wipe down everything with a warm wet rag with Fantastic, tables, sink, stove, micro, detail the restroom. Then vacuum the floor including edges with the hose. Once that's done I mop the floor by hand. I let it air out and let the awning fully dry. The next day Monday after work the cover goes back on. We camp every 3 to 4 weeks so needless to say my TT is emasculate and at 2 years old looks as good as the day we brought it home. This ritual takes 3 to 4 hours depending if the tank needs to be dumped. (I can dump at home with a flo jet) I'm usually relaxing by 6pm. I'm pretty OCD and got the process down. With beers and good tunes it's actually somewhat enjoyable. Anyway that's what I do.

Packing before a trip is done little by little in the days prior to a trip. It's a pain cause I have to unzip and undo a few straps on the cover. But the cover is worth the hassle cause my tt stays clean non faded and shiny.

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
Since it's just the two of us, the inside gets done immediately after every trip. That way we are ready to go and don't have to worry about prep. We're even at the point where we have 2 sets of RV mattress sheets and put the fresh set on our last morning before breaking camp.

Products used inside mostly match what we use in the house. The primary exception being Swiffer wet pads used in the TT because we're happier with a disposable product for that variety of dirt.

Our TT is new to us, so exterior cleaning is a new process too. Bought one of the soft brushes and a trigger pump bottle of the roof cleaner. Worked great since the whole thing wasn't too old/dirty. Used RV specific products for the rest of the exterior (purchased when CW was having a Thetford bonus discount day). I'm not happy with how dust is currently clinging to the protectant we applied, but most of it was applied in direct sun (not shade as recommended). Waiting to see how it looks after the next rinse I give it.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I wash the outside she cleans the inside never the twain shall meet
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
We went to a National Forest campground a couple of weeks ago. It was pouring rain and the county road that we had to travel for about 25 miles was being worked on, with County crews just having put fresh gravel down (some of it was not even bladed yet). Needless to say, both our white truck and our mostly white camper were literally brown. In some cases, the mud was actually caked onto things sticking out, like the awning supports, propane quick connect, furnace exhaust, etc. The front of the travel trailer was a mess too.

When we got home, I got out the powerwasher, which took off much of the dirt, but I still had to hand wash every part of the camper and tow vehicle to get it clean. I've travelled gravel roads before, even in the rain, but have never had quite the mess we had on this trip.

It was worth it though. Right on a lake, only a couple of people in the campground.

spike99
Explorer
Explorer
For outside waxing, I use NuFinish. Very easy wax on / wax off liquid. Usually wax every 6 months but have been known to stretch to 12 month intervals. IMO, waxing the sides reduces the permanent risk of black streaks. Thus, well worth doing its common black streak areas every 3-6 months.

For its EDPM roof cleaning task (every 12 months), I sometimes use Spic/Span liquid (dollar store special) but found Protect-All EDPM Roof Cleaner works best.

For inside cleaning, I use same products that I use on my stick home. re: Glass cleaner for its inner windows, vacuum its sofa surface, wash bed's white sheets in normal cloths dryer. And, every 5 years, I wipe linseed oil on its wooden cupboard surfaces. Same 5 year treatment I apply on our stick home kitchen cabinets as well. For trailer's vinyl floor, I use normal water and diluted soap. And, replace its area rugs (like its entrance way area rug) every 3-5 years. For inside cleaning, I clean when needed.

Hope this helps.