cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Clogged drain, any solution?

VictoriaChan
Explorer
Explorer
Shower drain clogged. Other drains work fine.
Some times the water in the show tub just go through the next day, sometimes not.
Tried toilet plunger, some water will go when I use it; but the rest will not.
Nothing put into the drain, double filter.
23 REPLIES 23

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
Go to the hardware store and buy one of those plastic drain claws that has the teeth on it facing backwards. shove it down the drain and move it around and pull out the `stuff'.
Do the same at home.

ZIP IT

You can get them at any hardware or big box store.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Pipes and tanks are ABS, PVC or polyethylene that will not be harmed by liquid drain cleaners. Best to let standing water drain out or remove with a wet/dry vacuum before dumping in 1 or 2 quarts of cleaner. If a leak appears it is only because the clog had it sealed up.

But then I have dug out plenty of cotton swabs, plastic razor covers, assorted toy parts etc that will never be cleared with a liquid drain opener. Need to open the pipes for that. In owning rentals for 40 years I have seen lots of stuff that was in a drain pipe that no one would fess up to. It just happens. You should have an access panel.

The hair claw or pliers to grab the obstruction are fine too. Still I would follow up with the liquid.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I would never use any kind of drain cleaner either at home or on the RV. Go to the hardware store and buy one of those plastic drain claws that has the teeth on it facing backwards. shove it down the drain and move it around and pull out the `stuff'.
Do the same at home.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

VictoriaChan
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Take the screen off and start picking the hair out. I usually have to do mine at least once a season. Needle nose plyers really help.

I do opened the upper one and but saw nothing there. ๐Ÿ˜ž

VictoriaChan
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
I would first verify the tank is empty then use some liquid drain opener from Home Depot. I use the commercial grade black bottle. Let it work a couple hours or overnight. Repeat weekly until back to normal.

Otherwise something got past the filter besides hair and soap that will need to be removed by opening the pipe fittings.

Tank is empty. I tried a small bottle drain opener two times, one leave their about 1h, the other time about 0.5h, didn't see any improvement. Probably try yours again.
I am kind worry about using drain opener on the rv piping; just trying to find solutions before I open the shower pan, which is a big project to me.

Thank you

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take the screen off and start picking the hair out. I usually have to do mine at least once a season. Needle nose plyers really help.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I would first verify the tank is empty then use some liquid drain opener from Home Depot. I use the commercial grade black bottle. Let it work a couple hours or overnight. Repeat weekly until back to normal.

Otherwise something got past the filter besides hair and soap that will need to be removed by opening the pipe fittings.

VictoriaChan
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
Can you access the p-trap underneath, to remove and clean out? Mine is easily accessed from the pass through.

Jerry

I can't see any access panel, it's actually shower pan with panel surrounding.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Can you access the p-trap underneath, to remove and clean out? Mine is easily accessed from the pass through.

Jerry