cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Since I don't have any large windows on the entry side of my TT, installing three Plexiglas panels (or Lexon) on the outside of my screen door allows more light into the TT when running the heat/air, while the main door remains open.

I attached the panels with commercial grade Velcro, locating 2" long strips at required intervals. I used 3/32" tinted Plexiglas, but would recommend at least 1/8". The panels are mounted on the outside of the screen door making it a little easier to keep clean.

Turk2500

Mike_LA
Explorer
Explorer
Here ya go, Barb.

I must say, That is nice!

Mike
Mike
--------------------------------------------------------
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/LBZ Duramax
2017 Hyper Lite XLR 26HFS

Previous Trailers:
2003 Aerolite 24RK
2006 Rockwood 3115SS TT
2006 Rockwood 8283SS FW
2005 Jayco Talon ZX24E
2012 Sunnybrook 26FBS

stpauligirlmn
Explorer
Explorer
sigh.

stpauligirlmn
Explorer
Explorer
thought I'd give it a try ... here is a shot of my dresser drawer mods.

Sportsman2505qs
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a few of my ideas
Mod Ideas
2002 KZ Sportsmen 2505qss bought in 2001 Sold 1999F-150
Itasca Spirit 2014
Manatee Hammock

Stewart_H
Explorer
Explorer
Nah! It's easy! Just make sure you use the web address for the individual picture, and not the web page displaying all the pictures.

Stewart
2000 7.3L PSD Excursion 4x4
- AFE Stage 2, MBRP 4", DP Tuner F5 chip, B & V code spring upgrade, Bilsteins & Hellwig rear sway.

1999 5.4L SVT Lightning
- Tons of mods. It's my really fast work truck! 😉

2007 26FK Wildwood by Forest River

stpauligirlmn
Explorer
Explorer
Hey! Sure enough, that's my backsplash looking like a million bucks!

I was able to adjust my preferences, so I can see the pictures now. I read a bit on how to insert pictures, and it's simply too complicated for me. I only have 7 years of higher education.

Stewart_H
Explorer
Explorer
stpauligirlmn wrote:
Can't figure out how to post the pictures... How did everybody do that?

For online forums like this one, you have to bookend the web address you have the picture hosted at, with image tags.

This is an image tag added to a web hosted picture. [*IMG*]web address here[*/IMG*] The asterisk have been added so the tag doesn't become "invisible", and you can still see it. Remove the asterisk to when you actually post a picture.

If you're still a tad confused, just click on the quote button for this post and you'll see a picture (your backsplash picture) properly formatted for posting.

Stewart
2000 7.3L PSD Excursion 4x4
- AFE Stage 2, MBRP 4", DP Tuner F5 chip, B & V code spring upgrade, Bilsteins & Hellwig rear sway.

1999 5.4L SVT Lightning
- Tons of mods. It's my really fast work truck! 😉

2007 26FK Wildwood by Forest River

stpauligirlmn
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a few of our mods. Most are not very original, but all of them make our camping experience more fun!
1. Hooks on the bunk. I'm thinking about installing more of these, they are so useful!
2. Paper towel holder. Really unoriginal, but perhaps the most used.
3. Easy clean backsplash. We bought three pieces of plastic backsplash and glued it up. Now, I just spritz and wipe when I'm done cooking.
4. Sliding drawer tubs. I lost a lot of cabinet space with these, but the space that is left is much more useable. I pull out these tubs, take them inside and load up with food before we haul out.
5. Plastic dresser drawers. I leave our camping clothes right in the trailer. Wash, fold and return clothes to the trailer when we get home.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stpauligirlmn

Can't figure out how to post the pictures... How did everybody do that? I guess you'll have to cut and paste the address.

LOVE the fold down table posted above. I think I'll steal that idea!

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
We have done quite a few but this one is one of my favorites. We only boondock and fresh water is important.

The first thing I did was add this 25 gallon tank under the dinette seat. It is plumbed so it fills and drains with the main 41 gallon tank.

I then added this Shurflow water pump to pump water directly into the main tank. This was a test run so you can see some of the plumbing.

Here I am pumping water from the tanks in the truck into the TT water tank. The hose just screws onto the pump and is stored on top of the battery.

This gives us close to 100 gallons and more if I want to bring along the four extra 5-gallon jugs.
Camp Host, from the other side.

FulltimeDreamer
Explorer
Explorer
I'm on the road just now and can't get pictures uploaded, but I can explain how the bolts are attached. The bikes hang on a 12" galvanized J-bolt used for attaching house framing to the foundation. There is a nut and lockwasher on both sides of the 1" square tube on the 12" J-Bolt. I also used a 8" J-bolts to attach the bike rack to the A-frame.

Hope this helps.

Lamar

Lamar and Debbie

2003 F250 SuperCrew 7.3 PSD

Mountaineer by Montana

lamarfoster@adelphia.net
[purple]Can't wait to fulltime!![/purple] :W

campin__nut
Explorer
Explorer
Hey FulltimeDreamer is there any way you can take some close up shots of your bike rack so I can see how you mounted the bolts to hold the bikes on. I take it you don't have any problems with it bouncing back and forth because I really like the idea. Thanks.

FulltimeDreamer
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the bike rack I added to the A-frame of our TT. Keeps the bikes where I can see them and is not attached to the rear bumper which Keystone doesn't like. [:D]

http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedreamer2004/bike-rack.html

Lamar and Debbie

2003 F250 SuperCrew 7.3 PSD

Mountaineer by Montana

lamarfoster@adelphia.net
[purple]Can't wait to fulltime!![/purple] :W

lightguy48
Explorer
Explorer
I added a Braeburn 1000 model electronic thermostat to my RV and the curved curtain rod too.

The Braeburn unit has battery powered relays so you can run your 12v heat and AC units.

LONGISLAND37
Explorer
Explorer
rondeb wrote:
Below are 2 of my favorites

Put shelves in 2 of the 3 closets Attached quarter round wood to the sides of the closets with industrial strength velcro and bought the wire shelving

Installed a 2 foot counter extension that will hold 200 pounds and is level with the counter. It folds flat against the counter when not in use.

Now this is one that myself and the wife will do right away in the bathroom closets,she packs the kids clothes in a canvas hanging shelf and by the time we get to where were going the clothes are on the floor and she also uses a bin in the bathroom on the floor and the kids are always banging it with the bathroom door great idea.
2002 FORD EXCURSION LIMITED 6.8L V10
2006 SUNSET CREEK 279 RB SLIDE OUT
KIPOR KGE 3000 Ti DIGITAL GENERATOR
Three beautiful women my wife and 2 daughters.

GO TAMPA BAY BUC'S