cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

flyswamper
Explorer
Explorer
HaulinBass02,

Here are your pictures with the correct tags to post them....

Suggest you quote-reply to my message and you'll see the right format...

Constructive

disagreement is encouraged. It is how I/we learn!

Dad,Mom, & 3 kiddos (all grown up now)
Some videos of my current hobby...
Current Home - Katy, TX

flyswamper
Explorer
Explorer
oh great! I help correct someone's use and I double post somehow....

moderator don't be bashful about deleting this one. 🙂

Constructive

disagreement is encouraged. It is how I/we learn!

Dad,Mom, & 3 kiddos (all grown up now)
Some videos of my current hobby...
Current Home - Katy, TX

bjsmmns
Explorer
Explorer
Andrew, I am really interested in your baby crib. I can't seem to get your pics to open...would you please tell me why I can't see them or send them to me?

HaulinBass02
Explorer
Explorer

Baby "crib"

Top bunk rail and ladder
2005 Ford Excursion 4x4 6.0L PSD
2021 KZ Connect SE 312BHKSE

Me (DH), DW, 3 boys, 3 girls

HaulinBass02
Explorer
Explorer

These are my favorite and biggest mods to date.
I got tired of using a baby gate to keep my daughter on the top bunk so I built a ladder and rail and now my 3 year old sleeps up top. The "crib" is about the same size as my daughter's at home so it is just like home for her and keeps her out and away from the window and blinds.

I have also recently added Trailair Equaflex and a set of shocks to my trailer. I am getting ready to enclose the underbelly and have already started sealing up the storage compartments with block foam and expanded PVC plastic sheet. I have added shelves in the closets and the list goes on and on.
2005 Ford Excursion 4x4 6.0L PSD
2021 KZ Connect SE 312BHKSE

Me (DH), DW, 3 boys, 3 girls

1_Happy_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Lt46 - I like the rack for your generator. Question to all who have put their generators on a rack hanging off the rear bumper. Does the entire trailer vibrate when the generator is running? What is the effect? I want to do something like that but was afraid it would be more annoying than putting it on the ground off to the side.

Thanks!
2004 Ford F350 V10 CC LB; 4:30 = Beauty
2006 Keystone Cougar 290EFS = and The Beast
EZ Flex Suspension, Air Safe Hitch

Lt46
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bummer, can't get the link to work 😞
Peter & Dawn
[black] 97 Winnebago Adventurer 37RW [/black]
F53/460 w/ tag axle
[black] 96 Prowler 27X SOLD[/black]
IAFF L-792 (Ret.)

MicDuran
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff,

Thanks to you the DH's honey do list just got a LOT longer. 😉
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? :h
Happy Camping,
Michelle

Your_Old_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff, I really like your TV shelf mod. We have giant cavern behind our new flatscreen that is just going to waste. I gotta make better use of the space. Would make a nice "standup" pantry for the wife instead of standing on her head to reach everything. Although I gotta admit watching her is a bit funny, maybe even alittle bit amourous ! LOL
Unless tomorrow has been promised to you, you better get busy today.

ayeyo2
Explorer
Explorer
This has to be the all time best thread. I got so many ideas and every few days I come back and get more. Your imagination with these mods is a blessing to all of us who are mentally challenged.

Keep them coming.
2003 Suburban K1500
Prodigy Brake controller
Putnam XDR
Original Equalizer Hitch
1994 Terry 29L

Mike_Schriber
Explorer
Explorer
Dang Jeff! I thought I accomplished a lot with my 12v plugs and storage hooks but nooooooooo, you have to come along and get all fancy on me. That is awesome work. I'm looking forward to checking it out this weekend. Just don't show Julia what you did or I'll be on the hook and I'm really bad with woodworking.

I think I need to have you take another look at my trailer as a "Storage consultant".

I'm not even going to bother posting that I got my LED taillight bulbs today... snif!

Mike
2006 Damon Daybreak 3276 37' bunkhouse

JeffBett
Explorer
Explorer
The toolbox on the frame took the place of the battery holder that was there before so I just used the same holes and the larger machine bolts/screws that were there. The only thing I added was some washers inside the box so the heads could not pull through. I put some bolts in the existing holes, lined up the box where I wanted it and hit the bottom of the box with a hammer in the inside near where I figured the bolts would be. Where ever there was a bump, I knew where to drill. The box is a "slim" version (12") for small trucks and just barely fits to leave room to raise the weight dist. hitch arms.

Inside the box I lined the part where the batteries are with some 1/2" plastic dense foam I had from some packing material so the batteries would not rub. I also cut a 3/4" board to the exact width of the box and drilled and screwed it into place to hold the batteries in place.
Jeff, Lori, Capri & Jacob
08 Aerolite 21QS
01 Ford F150 Supercrew

newtrail
Explorer
Explorer
bjsmmns wrote:
BarneyS wrote:
JeffBett wrote:
In the last couple of weeks, I have done so many mods they would fill a page. I decided to just put them on my family website for all to see.

WOW Jeff, great mods! I am really impressed with your ingenuity and workmanship! Thanks for your post and for giving me some ideas.:) Very impressive!
Barney

I totally agree! Wonderful ideas, gives me alot of inspiration!

Great work Jeff! I saw a few I would like to do to our TT.
Fine looking family also.
Craig and Deann,daughter,son
01 Tahoe ( Miss Rita )
99 Dodge Qcab SLT 5.9

Hitch_Itch
Explorer
Explorer
Really nice job jeffbett, I like the toolbox on the a frame, I think I will do that, extra trunk space is always needed for me. How did you fasten it to the frame? Drilled holes and used nuts and bolts? Self tappers maybe?

good going

Ken
Hitch

bjsmmns
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
JeffBett wrote:
In the last couple of weeks, I have done so many mods they would fill a page. I decided to just put them on my family website for all to see.

WOW Jeff, great mods! I am really impressed with your ingenuity and workmanship! Thanks for your post and for giving me some ideas.:) Very impressive!
Barney

I totally agree! Wonderful ideas, gives me alot of inspiration!