cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

sperduton
Explorer
Explorer
Did the support make much of a difference in stability. Do you have one on the front too ?
2005 Chateau 33-L, with Propride hitch
2004 Ram 2500 QC, 4wd Long bed

ejbrandley
Explorer
Explorer
RBaker3967 wrote:
I built a heavy duty 6" bumper to replace the 4" bumper so I can fit all my sewer hose, hose support, and fittings in it. Plus built on a 4 bike rack. Also you can see the supports I made for the jacks.

hey that jack support looks odly enough like a stop sign pole hmmmm???? i wonder where that came from
TV 1999 K1500 Gmc Suburban
1986 Nomad
Eric359,Tamm3594,Anthony19,JJulia 17,Brian 14,Ashley 12 ,Robert 9

RBaker3967
Explorer
Explorer
I built a heavy duty 6" bumper to replace the 4" bumper so I can fit all my sewer hose, hose support, and fittings in it. Plus built on a 4 bike rack. Also you can see the supports I made for the jacks.

1997 F-350 CC PSD DRW
2005 Jayco 31BHS
1990 Sunline 1150 TC
Dad:D, Mom:W, Two teenage girls:?, Fido the wonder dog:p.

Desperado359
Explorer
Explorer
I would take it to a powder coater and have them do it, they will sand blast it a coat it, and it will most likely out last your kids whan it is done.
1995 Ram CTD 2500 SLT, 5 Speed, 4X4, 3.54, ATS manifold. B-D 4" Exhaust Brake, 4" Exhaust, Mach 3 EDM's, 191 DV's, Street “O” plate, 215 pump, 3K GSK, Isspro EV. Boost, EGT, gauge set, 502Hp Dt 8/2007 5th wheel mods
2001 24' 5Th wheel Cougar single slider

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
Peach wrote:
Thanks....I apologize for the dumb questions. Seems they are the only ones I ask.

If I wire brush it really good, then dust it to get the flakes/dust off, could I just spray it with Rustoleum and then let it stay out in the weather? How many coats should I use?

This is a very dear to me set of outdoor furniture, probably not worth much in $, but worth a fortune in memories.

I appreciate the help.

stugpanzer wrote:
They might do that with a sand blaster, but let them know to not over do it because it could puncture the metal. After the work that you did, you can put a coat of Rustoleum paint to protect the (now) exposed metal from rust.

First of all.....the only stupid question is the one NOT asked.

You should be okay with doing that with the wire brush and then some enamel paint (spray or brush). I would first prime and then paint with the enamel. You might need two coats plus the primer.
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

Peach
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks....I apologize for the dumb questions. Seems they are the only ones I ask.

If I wire brush it really good, then dust it to get the flakes/dust off, could I just spray it with Rustoleum and then let it stay out in the weather? How many coats should I use?

This is a very dear to me set of outdoor furniture, probably not worth much in $, but worth a fortune in memories.

I appreciate the help.

stugpanzer wrote:
They might do that with a sand blaster, but let them know to not over do it because it could puncture the metal. After the work that you did, you can put a coat of Rustoleum paint to protect the (now) exposed metal from rust.

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

Peach
Explorer
Explorer
OKay, I did a search and couldn't find anything about this...but I am sure someone here can help me. All of you are so dang handy!

I have a set of wrought iron furniture that was my mom's in the 50s. It is in good shape, just rusty. I want to paint it, but the rust has me confused. I have wire brushed it, but I don't think it is good enough.

Could/would a car body/painting shop do this for me? prep and paint the furniture?

busch2fan
Explorer
Explorer
Yep... agree!! Leave 'em on.. you'll have no problems.

Cmarshall
Explorer
Explorer
Luvpitts wrote:
Why, yes, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for!! But I see that it says to remove when appliance is in use...

And the box of Q-tips I have says not to use in them your ears!!!

I have never removed mine (furnace covers) and the appliances have worked fine. I won't tell what I did with the Q-tips.

Luvpitts
Explorer
Explorer
Why, yes, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for!! But I see that it says to remove when appliance is in use...
Claudia & Wayne
Semper Fi
2010 Open Range 399BHS

WHY didn't Noah SWAT those two mosquitoes???

busch2fan
Explorer
Explorer
Are you looking for something like this?

FURNACE SCREENS

Luvpitts
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I think I'm losing my mind. I thought there was a pic on here of someone's mod for the heater (?) exhaust where he had put a "mud dobber" screen over it. I have been badgering my husband to do the same, but cannot find the pic of the one I saw here. Does anyone know where it is??????????
Claudia & Wayne
Semper Fi
2010 Open Range 399BHS

WHY didn't Noah SWAT those two mosquitoes???

Luvnevryminutof
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input LarryJM on my spare tire winch. I actually do have the spare cable-locked in place as well. I had heard several horror stories about the damage that can be done by the spare tire if it should come loose. One of my winter projects is to add an even better tire retainer lock. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.
Mark & Kim
Kaylee, Jake & Justin - da squids
2000 Jayco Eagle 325 BHS
'05 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax

woodyjr8
Explorer
Explorer
woodyjr8 wrote:
getting some great ideas from ya'll.
I'll share some of mine but, I have no pics yet.

Removed dinette and installed duel recliner(ok, previous owners did that)but we love it. We eat outside when we camp anyways!

Removed carpet/linoleum and put down wood laminate flooring and turned bed 90* to make more room.

Removed rusty old safety chains, replaced with cables(much cleaner looking).

Changed taillights to LED(6" oval fit in standard housing with slight modification).

Tossed out cheap looking plastic faucets, installed chrome fixture and added sprayer.

(My Fav) I added 12volt, flush-mount white lights at each stabilizer jack and over sewer connection, no more juggling a flash light while setting up after dark(later I will upgrade to LED's).Theses are also sold as marker lights(with red/amber lenses)I mounted them in the rocker panel facing down for a "flood light" effect.

This is our first TT, came up from a pop up, so I hate cranking! TT came with electric tounge jack, so it was only right to get a 3/8" socket/drill adapter and a 3/4" socket for the jacks. now I just hit the jacks with the drill, 3 seconds each... and you can't Over tourque the jacks!

I installed a pair of 55wt driving lights up by the rear marker lights and wired into the chasis harness for back-up lights... I have a small jumper wire with inline fuse holder that I can plug into + and back up terms on my plug, incase I need more light aft. one day, I will put a switch in.

here are some pics! First is 6 inch oval LEDs in factory tail lights.

ground lights at each jack...

and over sewer conn...

switches for the jack lights and a peek at my laminate floor that I put in last year. switches are easy to use standing outside or you can kick them on or off from inside!

stainless steal handles replace plastic(got them at ace, bath grab bars)

not mine, but same year/model... just to show original sink...

and here is mine, up graded to chrome fixture and added sprayer..

more later! Woody
2001 27' Rockwood T8272S TT
2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins 610, 4x4 QC(bone stock)