cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

Vader1
Explorer
Explorer
great mods guys, keepem comming
Vader1 aka Jay
Wif aka Kim
Bear aka #1 pug
Chewy aka #2 pug
05 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - Yeah it's got a HEMI
08 Crossroads Zinger 30BH

Anthony21403
Explorer
Explorer
You can check for different wheels on Northern Tools website also. They have quite a few to look at.
MSG Tony, USAF, 20+ years
Back from my 6 month "Summer in the Sand" Vacation

In_The_Dawghous
Explorer
Explorer
Mike Schriber wrote:

BTW... you motorhome guys are killing us with these cool mods in those huge basement storage compartments (that we'd love to have)!

Mike

I have seen a few trailers with big storage areas. My last motorhome was a Pace Arrow that had teeny tiny little storage bays.

I have gotten some of my best mods from you guys here on the trailer forum. The Class A guys don't seem to do alot of mods. ๐Ÿ™‚
Gordon, Susie, Diane, Catie, Susan, Shawn, Annie, Jessi, Keith, Selena.(Yes, 8 kids)
1 Dog Bonnie.
96 Rexhall Aerbus Class A (The Dawghouse II)

Castaway Campers site

Our Photos

FyrFytrDad
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World. Search for ''skid wheels'' and you will find them. They were like 39.99 with shipping. Bolt ons, I had to do a little repositioning on them to get them to fit because the V on the bracket had a narrower angle compared to the depth of the wheel bracket. We're rolling out tomorrow morning, so we'll see how they do.

jdubh2 wrote:
Where did you get those wheels and were they welded on or bolted? I need those.
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2008 Flagstaff 27BHSS

I. A. F. F. Local 2704

z_i_m
Explorer
Explorer
hey mike, the sanus mount holds great...i wanted to make double sure it was secure and that is why i opted to install a 2x4 on the inside ward and bolt it on...the beuty of this is you can unscrew the mount and lay it on the bed in 5 seconds......but i havent had any trouble as i tighten the arm so it doesnt move whilr traveling....also the bedroom lcd is 19'' so not heavy at all.....the living room is a 27'' and it just sits on the platform i made......and i lay it on the bed when traveling...i would love to see yours.......

Mike Schriber wrote:
Hey z_i_m... does that mount hold okay going down the road? I just installed a 26" LCD in my trailer and decided to use a post mount and feet to keep it stable since none of the arms I looked at seemed up to the task (pictures to follow soon).

Just for kicks I setup a video camera in the trailer on our last trip. The shaking, vibration and noises while going down the road are crazy!

BTW... you motorhome guys are killing us with these cool mods in those huge basement storage compartments (that we'd love to have)!

Mike

Mike_Schriber
Explorer
Explorer
Hey z_i_m... does that mount hold okay going down the road? I just installed a 26" LCD in my trailer and decided to use a post mount and feet to keep it stable since none of the arms I looked at seemed up to the task (pictures to follow soon).

Just for kicks I setup a video camera in the trailer on our last trip. The shaking, vibration and noises while going down the road are crazy!

Mike
2006 Damon Daybreak 3276 37' bunkhouse

In_The_Dawghous
Explorer
Explorer
I did a little fabricating and created a nice outdoor entertainment system.

Gordon, Susie, Diane, Catie, Susan, Shawn, Annie, Jessi, Keith, Selena.(Yes, 8 kids)
1 Dog Bonnie.

Castaway Campers site

Our Photos

outbackpacker
Explorer
Explorer
Where did you get those wheels and were they welded on or bolted? I need those.

FyrFytrDad wrote:
Here's some of our latest adds:

Some wheels to keep from grinding the back of the TT too bad (needed a little help with our driveway!

Closet mod that I found on this thread - we're not sold on the velcro, this is a work in progress.

And the ever-trusty clothes line. Found that pool noodles keep you from ripping open a leg!
2008 Tundra DC Limited 4x4 5.7L 4.30 gears "towing rocket"--Paid for!
Motor Trend's 2008 Truck of the Year
2009 Outback 310BHS Equal-i-zer, Prodigy, 9000lbs, 35ft

FyrFytrDad
Explorer
Explorer
Here's some of our latest adds:

Some wheels to keep from grinding the back of the TT too bad (needed a little help with our driveway!

Closet mod that I found on this thread - we're not sold on the velcro, this is a work in progress.

And the ever-trusty clothes line. Found that pool noodles keep you from ripping open a leg!
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2008 Flagstaff 27BHSS

I. A. F. F. Local 2704

Diabs
Explorer
Explorer
Looks nice Z_I_M....I have the same T.V. Nice touch to hide them wires!
Any camping is good camping!

DH & DW , DD x 2
2008 Salem 27RB LTD
Yukon XL 1500 5.3 SLT 2WD
Prodigy BC, DC Reese WD, Scan Gauge II
Days camped in 2008 -38-
Days camped in 2009 -30-
Days camped in 2010 -25-

z_i_m
Explorer
Explorer
managed to pick up a sanus mount for 19 off ebay.....this is in bedroom holding a 19 LCD....also removed outlet and cable hook up and moved it inside wardrobe closet so i would have no wires showing out front....

In_The_Dawghous
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a couple of quick, easy and cheap ones I did this weekend.

I used a hose storage reel to store the electrical cord. It also has a storage bin that I use to hold my adapter plugs and my gloves.

Since I don't like clutter, I added storage reels for the cable, hose, and extention cord.

1 Dog Bonnie.

Castaway Campers site

Our Photos

Chuck_Roder
Explorer
Explorer
Added the "Cool" MOD myself.

Fan is wired thru the wall and into the light fixture next to it.

Hi/Lo fan switch.

Chuck Roder & Family

[purple]
'07 Surveyor SV-235RS
'16 Chevy Silverado 2500LT All Star Crew Cab 2WD (Gas)
[/purple]

High Springs, FL.

Pictures

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
leesan wrote:
I saw a few days ago the counter extension you have in your trailer. It looks pretty nice.I need something like that so I sent my husband to Home Depot to buy the materials and they don't carry those type of brackets. Where did you buy your stuff at? I would appreciate if you let me know. Thanks

Just sent you a PM but here is the link to the original post on the Counter Extension.

Have Fun
Counter Extension with all needed parts, etc.

leesan
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a few days ago the counter extension you have in your trailer. It looks pretty nice.I need something like that so I sent my husband to Home Depot to buy the materials and they don't carry those type of brackets. Where did you buy your stuff at? I would appreciate if you let me know. Thanks