cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

MarionMedic
Explorer
Explorer
Our under bed is open to the front pass through. (for some reason)

I'm going to seal it off as one of my FIRST mods this year.
1997 Chevy 3500 LWB Crew-Cab Dually 6.5 turbo-diesel
2005 Jayco JayFlight 29BHS

Visit FREEDOM OF THE ROAD.

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have any space left in my TT to do a mod like this.....I think I have filled every nook and cranny with some mod.....doing mods is a whole lot cheaper than buying a new RV then starting over with the mods....

Terri_travel
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea, keep em coming!
2006 Jayco Jayfeather 29BHS

Mike & Terri (working hard to play);)

Melissa:C & Ty:B (23yr old daughter,13yr old son) Just along for the ride

Cujo:M & Sophie :?{1 bad Chihuahua & Diva French Bulldog}

Bonales_Family
Explorer
Explorer
I LOVE THAT!!!! That is a great laundry bag idea.
2001 Glide Lite Wanderer by Thor
2005 F150 Super Crew
2004 Scion XB

3 VonderFUL Chitlens
and Darla Bean and Chico man

Our fun times!

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
Boy!! If we didn't have so much STUFF stored under our bed, that is one nifty idea I'd like to try. Oh well.
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

medic9016
Explorer
Explorer

Half of our bed slides in and out to make the garage for our side load toy hauler. On one side I framed in a door added a few hooks and a laundry bag for the dirty laundry.
2008 Heartland North Trail 280BH
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie Cummins TD
Prodigy
Yellow Yamaha Golf Cart

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
Most of those mods are store-bought stuff. What I like about the mods here are they are what people have done to their rv's themselves.
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

JMT
Explorer
Explorer
Would love to see some of those mods and pics on modmyrv.com. Check it out. I'm not affiliated with them, just think they have a great consolidated website for all mods.
2011 Sunseeker 3170DS on order
DW: Charlene
Kids: Ryan (14) Katie (11) Maddie (5) Parker (2)

Check out Mod My RV

Camping Days in 2010 - 37

Tim_from_Alabam
Explorer
Explorer
This mod thing is driving me crazy. I want to do all of these mods and it's taking away from what sanity I still have 😛

I LOVE IT!!!!!
If I don't meet your expectations
Maybe you should lower your standards.

gnarlykaw
Explorer
Explorer
This trailer mod thing is a BLAST!! I just recently got into it. in the past three days, in our 5ver, I have disabled the radio, and installed a surround sound reciever, two outside speakers mounted underneath the trailer, New three bank switch to control, 1) light under the pullout steps, 2) light at the sewer connection, and valves, 3) power toggle for the basement light fixtures, with a small tell-tail red lamp, to remind me one might be left on!
The trailer is a 32 ft bunkhouse, and I have come up with the answer to "what to do with the bunks when the kids are gone! I'll post pics later...

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
StanleyandIris wrote:
Larry, great job on the rugs and I need a noodle now.

HAPPY NOODLING :B

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

StanleyandIris
Explorer
Explorer
Larry, great job on the rugs and I need a noodle now.

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
During the recent cold snap up here in the Northeast, I was installing some molding around my slide after removing the shoddy factory carpeting and I noticed a serious draft from under the slide (mine is a raised slide). While this might only be an issue during really cold weather any drafts would make the heating system just work harder and I never noticed it until sitting on the floor next to my slide.. My solution was to make what I call a noodle like you've seen to go infront of doors, etc. I made a tube out of duck cloth and stuffed it loosely with Fiber Fill. This was then stuffed under the edge of the slide and now no more draft.

Picture of noodle before installation:

Picture of noodle after installation:

You just have to remember to remove it before bringing in the slide, but in my case the carpet in front of the slide is now not permanently attached to the floor and will move if the noodle gets caught under the slide and you will see that right away so this is not much of a concern in my case.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

IrishPam
Explorer
Explorer
Henry Wang wrote:
Lol, dang. Cut and paste the wrong search window.

Ummm....It's a round plastic vent? No?

NO! lol..........hard to be perfect in this not so perfect world! :B
Pam & Sharon
Sometimes William & Nanny Madge
Bella(Yellow Lab/Golden Mix), Piper(Black Lab mix),
Rusty(Red tick Coon Hound), Lacy (Border Collie)
Nigel(Shih Tzu)
2002 Itasca Sundancer 27P
2002 Yukon XL SLT with Timbrens
2008 Jay Feather 31V

Henry_Wang
Explorer
Explorer
Lol, dang. Cut and paste the wrong search window.

Ummm....It's a round plastic vent? No?