cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

JFordBronco
Explorer
Explorer
sorry I cant take or post pics as I am currently in the process of building so everything is in storage.....anyway, in mine, to make it a three bedroom for Mud Nationals, I bought a window curtain bar and adjusted the spring in it and put a shower curtain on it. All of us involved had our own little "room" to sleep at night
2009 F-250 Crew Cab 4x4(5.4 and 3.73's) - finally something dependable 🙂
2008 Jayco Jayflight 28BHS
Me, wife, one little girl and one little boy
all along for the ride.

DadToFourBoys
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the parks we stay in don't allow outdoor clotheslines (and of course it rains sometimes), so I mounted this retractable clothesline in the front bedroom.

The reel folds flat against the wall when not in use:

DadToFourBoys
Explorer
Explorer
Here is an old mod. I hadn't put up pictures for yet. I didn't want the poles for the dinette rattling around, so I mounted double sided velcro strips (the kind you use for tie up bundles of cords for computers, e.g.) under the existing screws on the bottom of the dinette.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
MarionMedic wrote:
snip......NOT FUNNY. We all LOVE this thread....snip

I agree.

This is a very popular and informative thread, "bumping" it will close it for sure.

Turk2500

campin4kids
Explorer
Explorer
We put a knob on one side of the screen door and a handle on the other side of the screan door as per the pictures in someones earlier thread and we love it!
It would especially be good for people with big hands and fingers as they would be hard to get into the little grove. We also put on a screen door closer spring. Love it too. I highly recommend these three little mods. They are cheap to do and highly functional.
2003 Avalanche
1992 29S Wilderness
Steve 51, Me, Deb 51,
DS 22, DD 19, DD 17, DD 15

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
You can buy such a critter at Camping World.
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

MichelleLMT
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone put a bar across the screen door to make it easier to pull shut when it gets away from you? Seems like a good idea to save the screen from being pushed or pulled on.
2009 Jayco 308RLS SOLD
1996 Jayco 1207 SOLD

sure2rain
Explorer
Explorer
vgoulette wrote:
My mods project for DH (before our big trip this season) will be to make the Lexan "storm" door!! Wish us luck -- he is really nervous about ruining a piece of Lexan. And, he is going back and forth about how to attach it -- clips, Velcro, or screwing it directly into the door frame.
The only problem that I had when cutting the Lexan/plexiglass was when I cut the radius on the corners. I used a handheld jigsaw, made some relief cuts and things worked out okay. Just go slow and the DH shouldn't have a problem. I attached mine with velcro to allow for ease of removal although I find that we seldom remove it. Others have used "mirror clips" which sounds like a good idea also. It was one of the best mods that I did.
TV: 05 Chevy 2500 8.1L
5er: 2010 Open Range 385RLS
Hensley Arrow and P3

MarionMedic
Explorer
Explorer
Godsey97 wrote:
bump

NOT FUNNY.

We all LOVE this thread.
The MODS have already done everything they can to prevent it including refusing a sticky.

If you get it killed, you will NOT be a popular person here.
1997 Chevy 3500 LWB Crew-Cab Dually 6.5 turbo-diesel
2005 Jayco JayFlight 29BHS

Visit FREEDOM OF THE ROAD.

Godsey97
Explorer
Explorer
bump

vgoulette
Explorer
Explorer
My mods project for DH (before our big trip this season) will be to make the Lexan "storm" door!! Wish us luck -- he is really nervous about ruining a piece of Lexan. And, he is going back and forth about how to attach it -- clips, Velcro, or screwing it directly into the door frame.

What other mods are you doing this year? I may find more projects for him!!!

Thanks for any words of encouragement,
Vickie

SpunkyCamper
Explorer
Explorer
That's exactly it! Thanks so much from lil' ol' me!
2005 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS
Upgraded from a 1999 Jayco Eagle 12UDK popup

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
SpunkyCamper, you mean something like this?

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/ventstik/31459

SpunkyCamper
Explorer
Explorer
I have a question for all you modders! Has anyone come up with an easy way to open the roof vent for those of us that are vertically challenged? I have a step stool, but even with that, I struggle to reach the crank. Other than a taller step stool, of course!
2005 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS
Upgraded from a 1999 Jayco Eagle 12UDK popup

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
That was what I was referring to....I have gone over that a couple of times.....