cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

battscrew
Explorer
Explorer
Here is our first mod. Don't know why the manufacturer would put such a small TV cabinet for a perm type parked trailer. Went from a 26 to a 37, thought a 40 might be a little overkill....PS I hired someone to do it.

Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum limit of 640X480px maximum.

2008 Jayflight Bungalow - the beer is always cold!

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
kebmw wrote:
Merrykalia wrote:
Shadowsfire, if you think this is something, check out the Handy Hints, Gadgets, etc. thread. I think it is almost 200 pages now.

Could someone post the link for this thread? I couldn't find it.

Thanks!
~Karin

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos
I love me some land yachting

kebmw
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
Shadowsfire, if you think this is something, check out the Handy Hints, Gadgets, etc. thread. I think it is almost 200 pages now.

Could someone post the link for this thread? I couldn't find it.

Thanks!
~Karin

Gnarly
Explorer
Explorer
Good Luck!
Sounds like a neat project.
Good idea to raise the bed for maximum storage beneath....most of the space above the bed is wasted MOST of the time anyway.
Someone on here recently mentioned taking out the 'dinette' and putting in a "Murphy table",for lack of a better descriptor....like a Murphy bed....and put in a couple used high-backed swivel office chairs,for dining as well as relaxing.
If I were redoing the floor already,I'd be tempted to consider something like that.JMO!
~Gnarly
*~* Pray for Peace,but reload more ammo! *~*

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

shadowsfire
Explorer
Explorer
I LOVE this tread. We were given an older TT 24 feet in length and I see all these improvements and go WOW, I wanna do THAT! LOL Its not perfect but everything works on it so you can't beat the price.
It didn't have a front couch so I built a bed-still in the process of course. And then there was a soft spot in the floor right in front of the fridge which I tore out and am still in the process of fixing. I made the bed high enough that I can fit a cooler and storage boxes under it. Taking care of my aged parents got in the way of finishing the task.
I'm hoping to get back to it this summer, well as soon as my sciatica lets up.
After being on this thread I have decided to go with the stick on tiles on the floor. And using curtains instead of blinds. But wow so much info...and I DID read all 100 pages. Took me two days. LOL
I am toying with the idea of removing the table and putting in cupboards along one side with a longer top so that you could use it to eat or play on the laptop. But there are things under the seats so the jury is still out. LOL

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
I beleive those shower heads are designed to leak. Something to do with keeping warm water at the shower head

hpk
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
...add a 'width = 640' just before the {/img} at the end of each link.
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

Jpbeck1
Explorer
Explorer
I re-sized the pictures on PhotoBucket-- but they still appear too large.
Sorry
Have Fun,
2007 Jayco JayFeather 20BH
2009 Ford F150 5.4L

Jpbeck1
Explorer
Explorer

I haven't had to do much, but what I did made our lives a little easier.
The JayFlight's water heater was located behind a cabinet door that was screwed down. Seemed foolish, so I added a couple hinges and a handle.

We gained a little space and now I can get to the isolation valves.

I am a NAVY man I like NAVY showers 😉 .Just kidding-- we go dry camping sometimes. I installed a ball valve to the shower head. In retrospect I should have just bought a better shower head that didn't leak, but this works.

Next needed a strong receiver on the back of the trailer to either haul our generator or our bike rack. Having a 220 welder is handy sometimes. I welded a 3" tube steel frame from beam to beam added a kicker plate to the hitch, then welded a 2" receiver to the tube steel and put a nice bead on the bumper. That sucker is solid, probably over kill, but I don't like to be behind someone with something wobbling off the bumper.

Next I made a generator rack. I bolted the generator to the rack and then welded a chain to the rack to go around the generator (to keep honest people honest). The rack has just enough room for a Jerry Can.

This next mod is a little hard to explain... we have a three year old and we didn't want him rolling off the bunk (obviously), so I installed a toddler bed rail. This model bed rail we have has two long rails that are supposed to go under a twin mattress. The weight of the mattress is supposed to keep the rail in place. The foam pad that serves as the mattress in the trailer was not going to keep the rail from flipping if my son rolled up against it, and bolting the under bars to the thin bed frame board wasn't going to cut it in my book either. I took the top board off, shored it up better and most importantly framed it so I'd have something to bolt the bottom rails to. Reinstalled the top board and bolted the rails to the bed frame.

Lastly, I mounted the 3 stage battery charger add-on box somewhere where I could monitor. mounted it under the stove. It was no big deal.

I'm welding up a diamond plate battery box for our 6 volts-- should be trick looking.
Have Fun,
2007 Jayco JayFeather 20BH
2009 Ford F150 5.4L

revrnd
Explorer
Explorer
In the past few weeks I added 2 shelves to the useless cabinet in the bedroom of my 2106. I may do the same in the bathroom cabinet as well. I also made a coat rack for under the front cabinets beside the entry door.

My next project will be a battery box for dual batteries before our trip to IN for the Labour Day weekend.
1986 Monte Carlo SS
2011 Chevrolet K2500HD (P3 controller, Husky WD hitch)
2009 Rockwood 2106 Mini Lite

Retired GM of Canada Oshawa Truck Assembly Plant
Opened 1965 Closed 2009

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
passportman wrote:
bucky badger wrote:
fixed for him

Thank-you soooo much.....Not sure what I was doin wrong? How can I post additional pics? What needed to be done? Thanks again!!!

If you will click on "edit" on your post on the previous page, that I edited, you will see what I did to make the links you gave show up as pictures. Then when you have figured it out, just click on your back button in the upper left corner of your browser to return to the regular page. Doing this will allow you to see what was done but not make any changes to the post.

Fisherguy, in his post above is correct about putting the URL of your pictures into the picture posting icon box the next time you need to post pictures.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

passportman
Explorer
Explorer
bucky badger wrote:
fixed for him

Thank-you soooo much.....Not sure what I was doin wrong? How can I post additional pics? What needed to be done? Thanks again!!!
2011 Passport 2910bh
so far so good.....
DW and Two Boys!
2003 Tahoe Z71 V8 3.73

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
Better put a lock on those chains, wouldn't wanna lose your garbage can! 😉
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Fixed for him

2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980