cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

VannM
Explorer
Explorer
How do I post pictures on here?

VannM
Explorer
Explorer
I built a basket for the back of mine. It ended up being too heavy when loaded up and bent the thin 4" bumper. I took the bumper off and added a 5" heavier bumper and it fixed the problem. The basket was built to hold a trash can, propane tank, holding tank, large toolbox, and a cooler. When everything is in the box, only the trashcan has to be strapped down. I also had a problem with my rear jacks getting ripped off when pulling into my neighborhood. I fixed that with a few pieces of pipe welded to the frame.

John_H
Explorer
Explorer
milzat, Now that is a simple non complicated mod, the very best kind. Just pull the pin, lift & you are off. Good thinking/idea on this one, !!!
John H

Mike_LA
Explorer
Explorer
DIY rear bumper blue tote carrier.

Mounting: 3/16" flat plate, 4-1/2" X 6".
Drilled four 3/8" mounting holes to attach to bumper.
Plate is attached to bumper using two 4" U-Bolts.

Attached 18" section of 1-1/4" Universal square tubing to flat plate using two 3/8" X 2" hex bolts w/flat washer and lock nut.
Note: Universal square tubing can be found at local hardware stores.

Tote tongue is collapsible for ease of storage. When collapsed, this positions the bottom of the tongue near the Toe's axle. I then drilled a 5/8" hole in Tote tongue to pin it to the 1-1/4" universal square tubing.

Tote pinned to universale square tubing for transport.

Rear bumper Tote carrier.
Mike
--------------------------------------------------------
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/LBZ Duramax
2017 Hyper Lite XLR 26HFS

Previous Trailers:
2003 Aerolite 24RK
2006 Rockwood 3115SS TT
2006 Rockwood 8283SS FW
2005 Jayco Talon ZX24E
2012 Sunnybrook 26FBS

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
Spent the day taking care of another mod on our Flagstaff 829RGSS.

I put the pump on a mounting platform and moved the filter to make it easier to service.

This is where the filter was located. You could not see it and the first time I tried to get the canister off it pulled the whole thing of the wall along with the strip of wood it was screwed too.

While I was at it I added a filter bypass so I would not have to pump the pink stuff into the filter when winterizing.

I am happy with the way it turned out, now I can hardly wait to try it out to see how quiet it made things. (Hope,Hope,Hope)
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB

stoney0264
Explorer
Explorer
Here is an afghan that my dw crocheted for our couch in the tt. She is currently working on one for the bed.

Steve & Tina
3 grown DD's (Don't camp with us much)
Duke (Yorkie)
Bailey (Boxer)
1999 Chevrolet 2500 4x4 6.0L and 3.73
Prodigy Brake Control
2006 Honda VTX1300s (mine)
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Better Half)
2012 Outback 279RB

larry_kruzan
Explorer
Explorer
HighCover wrote:
campin4kids wrote:
Highcover, Looks nice. What kind of fuel do you carry? And what is it for?

Gasoline for the generator (and possible emergency reserve for TV). I don't always carry gas, just on longer trips where we won't have shore power and need to run the generator a lot.

Frankly, there have only been two such trips in the last 3 years.

My brother and I were just discussing events out west where being low on gas was a problem. He carries a couple 5 gallon totes in the back of his truck - saftey issues abound, but what do you do?

Years ago I saw a jerry can mount that was mounted like a swing away spare tire carrier on a jeep, but I haven't seen one for a long time.
Larry and Debbie Kruzan

We never turn a corner without wondering in amazement at God's creation!

HighCover
Explorer
Explorer
campin4kids wrote:

Gasoline for the generator (and possible emergency reserve for TV). I don't always carry gas, just on longer trips where we won't have shore power and need to run the generator a lot.

Frankly, there have only been two such trips in the last 3 years.
2010 F-150, 5.4L, 3.73
2011 Edge M17

campin4kids
Explorer
Explorer
2003 Avalanche
1992 29S Wilderness
Steve 51, Me, Deb 51,
DS 22, DD 19, DD 17, DD 15

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
toprudder wrote:
TURK2500 wrote:
HighCover wrote:
Jerry can on the rear bumper.....snip

Nice clean looking installation, but just curious...., is it a little risky (or legal) to have a container of fuel located outside the confines of the rear bumper?

Yeah, should be mounted just inside the bumper, like they did on the Ford Pinto. Oh, wait a minute, that didn't work too well, either! ๐Ÿ™‚

lol
Good one! :B
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

TURK2500
Explorer
Explorer
Well, maybe I should have worded my curiosity differently.

So, moving back to the subject of "Cool Mods"..................

Turk2500 ๐Ÿ™‚
2016 Silverado 2500HD, 6.0L
2018 Jayco 24RBS

toprudder
Explorer
Explorer
TURK2500 wrote:
HighCover wrote:

Nice clean looking installation, but just curious...., is it a little risky (or legal) to have a container of fuel located outside the confines of the rear bumper?

Yeah, should be mounted just inside the bumper, like they did on the Ford Pinto. Oh, wait a minute, that didn't work too well, either! ๐Ÿ™‚
Bob, Martha, and Matt.
Tucker, the Toy Poodle
'09 K-Z MXT20, '07 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

Toprudder.com

HighCover
Explorer
Explorer
TURK2500 wrote:
HighCover wrote:

Turk2500

LOL, keeps the tail-gaters at bay.
2010 F-150, 5.4L, 3.73
2011 Edge M17

TURK2500
Explorer
Explorer
HighCover wrote:

Turk2500
2016 Silverado 2500HD, 6.0L
2018 Jayco 24RBS

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer

Here is a shelf above a corner cabinet we had made, we use it as a TV stand or a liquor shelf.....guess which one it is used for most!
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4