cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't take it anymore...

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Usually by now I've had "Big Dually" out for a couple weeks, shaking off the cobwebs, burning ridiculous quantities of gasoline, before the camping season starts in late May.

It's only ever seen salt roads once in its lifetime, long before I owned it... 12 years old now, 13 if you count the fact that the GM 2015's are out... 39,000 original miles. Hoping to hit 40,000 this season.

I just couldn't stand it anymore. Last Saturday Dad needed a tractor hauled. We were going to use his truck but I just couldn't bring myself to leave Big Dually sitting in the barn with such a lovely heavy load to move.

Fortunately it rained most of the night and the roads were clear and dry by noon. Got it safely back in the driveway before it started snowing Saturday night. Just in time because they salted the roads Sunday and it was wet and sloppy again.

Only problem, it got SNOW on it sitting in the driveway!!! It's never seen snow since I've owned it.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.
16 REPLIES 16

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
It will get over it.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Poor baby. LMAO!
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk