cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cruiser RV/Fun Finder info

Rookiecamper
Explorer
Explorer
My name says Rookie, but I'm not new to camping. I'm new to the Travel Trailer forum after spending many years in the Hybrid Travel Trailer forum. What I'm looking for is information from people who actually have a Cruiser RV, more specifically the Fun Finder series. I've found what appears to be a nice fit for us. This means it is within our weight range, preferred length, comfortable floor plan, etc. I have done the research and will be going to look at one probably this weekend, but as I said, I'd like some input from people who actually know this brand. If you have experience with it, I would really like some responses. Thanks.
Me~Jim,58
DW~Patty, no comment

2017 Expedition
2014 Starcraft Launch 21FBS
14 REPLIES 14

4Powells
Explorer
Explorer
We took delivery of our 2015 Shadow cruiser 280QBS yesterday. We are very excited and the wife is loading her up. Couldn't believe how much "stuff", we had in our old Jayco. We do have a couple issues as our walk through was during a monsoon, and it will have to go back for some minor repairs. Mostly quality issues that should have been caught before leaving the factory. I know we will have tons of fun and memories in our Shadow Cruiser.
DW, 2 DS's and Lily the Bishon Frisee
2006 Ford F-150 XLT Super Crew
2015 Shadow Cruiser 280QBS

Rookiecamper
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back from looking at the Fun Finder and we liked it very much. By "we", I of course mean wife. I would camp in a cardboard box if I had to! The dealer's online inventory didn't list any of the model we were looking for, but we thought we'd go just to check out the Fun Finder series. Surprise! The had the actual model there so we saw exactly what we were looking for. We didn't buy anything yet, but it definitely helped us in our search. I appreciate the additional info that several of you have posted. Thanks again.
Me~Jim,58
DW~Patty, no comment

2017 Expedition

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
In 2006 we decided we wanted to see the country in 2007. I did a lot of research using the criteria we set for ourself i.e.: 60x80 island queen bed, no OSB, no slide out, and of course light enough for us to tow with 2008 Tundra. I found the Funfinder online and it seemed like it fit all our needs. We went to look at one and we both felt "at home" as soon as we stepped in. We bought a 2007 21ft trailer. We have had minor issues with it but nothing that could not be fixed. Now we pull it with a 2010 Tundra and have towed it all over the country and into lower parts of Canada. We have gone out west 4 times from Grand Canyon to Glacier NP and all over the Rockies. We have been down the eastern seaboard/Appalachian Mt to Keys 4 times and we are leaving for our 5th trip to the Keys tomorrow for 3 weeks of travel. Its also been all over New England for weekend or 3-4 day trips.It has certainly served us well. We have probably put at least 35-40 thousand miles on it. We go to RV shows and talk about getting something bigger and newer but neither one of us wants to get rid of it. Its our first trailer and first time camping anywhere and we have created sooooooooooo many happy travel memories with it. I hope that you enjoy yours as much as we love ours. I call it "our little FunFinder".
Happy travels
Marianne
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

MNBliss
Explorer
Explorer
We just sold our 2005 Jayco Pop-Up and purchased a 2015 Shadow Cruiser 280QBS-LE. My first trip out in it is next weekend and I cannot wait, I have been doing a lot work to get it ready.

I will post back on how it goes, but so far I love the design and the quality seems great.
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 - 5.7
2015 Cruiser Shadow Cruiser 280QBSLE
Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Brake Controller

eend
Explorer
Explorer
We have cruiser rv " 2010 shadow cruiser 195wbs" we bought it used in 2011, and towed it around a fair bit, the only issue we had was that the factory tires were just garbage, we replaced them with radials in 2012, the original tires were cracked and dry rotted. Other than that, she serves us well, In fact we are using it right now as I type this, we are hanging out in Banff National park.this is the earliest we've ever been out.
2019 VW Tiguan
2015 F150 ecoboost
2013 Arctic Fox 22G
1971 Boler 1300

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are on our second Fun Finder. The first was used, and we then used it a lot more. We were happy with it and bought a new one, with extensive modifications -- see link below. We use it about 60 to 80 nights a year, towing thousands of miles a year. We like it a lot -- light, reasonably well built, not expensive.

But like all manufacturers, Cruiser has occasional quality control issues. They just got bought out by Thor. I would definitely buy another Fun Finder, when the time comes.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Rookiecamper
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all of the replies -- that was what I was looking for. I just sold my 2002 Palomino Hybrid so I am familiar with the lower end/light weight trailers. If you want less weight, you'll sacrifice quality somewhere. I still haven't actually been in a Fun Finder yet, but my impression from what I've read was that the quality would be similar to the Jayco, Forest River, etc. I plan to get a look this weekend. Thanks again.
Me~Jim,58
DW~Patty, no comment

2017 Expedition

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Cruiser RV, a 2012 Shadow Cruiser 280 QBS. We bought it in August 2011. We've taken it 1300 miles from home annually.

We did have slight problems with the axle in our second year of ownership. The manufacturer fixed the issue without a problem. Our only other issues have been typical TT ownership issues that are nonspecific to the model.

We love our camper. It fit all of our needs for weight, cost and layout. Looking at the RV show we can see different models that have thicker cabinetry, higher end finishes........they're also 8-10K more than our camper. No thanks.

I still have not found a different TT that I like more than our Shadow Cruiser.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

PUCampin
Explorer
Explorer
My inlaws own a 07 FunFinder 210WBS. I helped him find it, and we get side by side sites with them a couple times a year. It has been a great TT for them, fairly minimal maintenance, only issues have been with plastics getting old and the WFCO converter dying like most of them do. No leaks, no slide issues, no delamination. It has even made the trip to Edison Lake in CA (for those that know). I can't speak to the newer ones, but their 07 has been solid.
2007 Expedition EL 4x4 Tow pkg
1981 Palomino Pony, the PopUp = PUCampin! (Sold)
2006 Pioneer 180CK = (No more PUcampin!):B

Me:B DW:) and the 3 in 3 :E
DD:B 2006, DS ๐Ÿ˜› 2007, DD :C 2008

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 FunFinder 210WBS. It's been trouble free since we bought it new with one single exception: This model has a Schwintek slide. Under the slide's floor and attached to the body of the trailer are three nylon rollers that support the slide as it rolls in and out. One of those rollers was so impacted with caulking (presumably applied as part of the assembly process) that it never turned. As a result that roller skidded along the bottom surface of the slide eventually damaging it. I was able to remove the caulking and free the roller. I also repaired the damaged floor and everything has been fine ever since.

I've made many mods to this camper. You may see them by following this LINK

Community Alumni
Not applicable
We don't have a Fun Finder but we have an Enterra by Cruiser RV. We've used it 125 days over the past 12 months and it has performed really well. A couple minor issues with cupboard door hinges and a piece of trim but other than that it has been great.

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a great time with my 2012 funfinder 189FDS. Bought it new in Nov '11, and have pulled it extensively. Have enjoyed every single night in it. Have made various little mods to it to "make it my own". I think it's quality is about par for trailers in this class, which is to say, you'll be happier with your experience if you expect a few little glitches and things to fix.
As I often say, "some assembly required". Consider it part of the fun.
If you go into this expecting perfection from the factory, and amazing attention to detail from your selling dealer prior to your bringing it home, you may be disappointed.

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
We owned a 2011 S225RBS TT for several years and had no problems at all. We did want to change camping style and traded it for a motorhome.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

arizal
Explorer
Explorer
Link

I hope this link works. If not google fun finder owners club and you will find a whole lot of information from owners.
2009 Sierra 1500 SLT Crewcab 5.3 6 speed 3.42 Axle 4X4 w/ Runningboard Lift
2009 Viewfinder V21FB with Handicap Assist Mods
Yamaha EF2400ISHC