cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dash Command App....worth the money!

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been wanting an OBDII tool for quite a while. Something like the Scanguage or the Edge Insite. I have had some reservations about Scanguage but those were mostly cosmetic/aesthetics related. I like to look at a gauge. Edge would be perfect but it's pricy!!

Fellow forum member Dodge Guy mentioned that he uses his iPhone and a little dongle that interfaces with the vehicle and and an app that interfaces with the dongle. I started doing some research and found that for about $37.00 I could have a fully customizable OBD II reader and have gauges for my vehicles that I otherwise do not have.

So I downloaded the app and the custom PID's for my Town Car...I went to ebay and bought the V-Link wifi dongle for about $17.00

So... How does it perform? In a single word...spectacularly. There is a learning curve to figure out how to customize the gauges but it wasn't difficult. I initially had reservations about using my iPhone due to the screen size but you can increase the size of the gauges and move them around so you can see them effectively.

I also used my IPad Mini with great success.

Having a Tachometer and Transmission Temp along with a few other goodies is very nice. Especially since I will be pulling a pup with my Town Car in the future. Having the Transmission temp and Tach is great!

So if you are needing an OBD II reader/gauge set I recommend taking a hard look at the affordable Dash Command app and the OBD II dongle. By far, it's the cheapest way to go...if you have a mobile device!

FYI. For iOS You will need a wifi dongle. For Android you can use the Bluetooth Version. For some reason iOS doesn't work with the Bluetooth version.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~
17 REPLIES 17

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Torque for android is the app to have. Depending on vehicle there can be from a dozen or so options to much more. It all depends on what the manufacturer choose to include.

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
For android you can get the elm dongle and the torque app for about $20. Works well and it even let's you reset codes.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for reporting back. I've also got the app and dongle but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB