cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Diesel Generator in tow vehicle

bigdon68
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone installed a Diesel Generator in their diesel tow vehicle? Seems line a logical setup. If so, what make of generator did you use (onan, etc) and how has it worked out.

bigdon68
2017 F450 Lariat Shadow Black / Magnetic, LB, 6.7, Chrome Pkg. TS3 Air Hitch, Retrax, 55 Gal.Aux.Tank
2017 DRV Mobile Suites,induction cooktop, solar, f/b paint, MorRyde IS, 17.5" Tires,residential frig, 3" riser, MorRyde Steps

MY PICTURES
16 REPLIES 16

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are several fuel generators on the market that are installed in an alum tool box . I have seen several in craft/carny trucks .

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Being a fifth wheel trailer sort of eats away how big or install place you can have...

The areas on each side of the tail gate area is about the only open space you have...

This only lets you install something like a couple of 2KW Honda type gasoline type generators...

I have seen some folks do this for their fifth wheel and also have one of those folding hard plastic bed covers that fols up behind the rear window. When not connected to the the trailer this will cover up your whole truck bed and will be locked.

The tail gate area is where my single 2kW generator is secured to support my OFF-ROAD camping with my setup.

Here it is out of sight and out of mind helping out on keeping it from being stolen on me...

You can layout your truck bed using those FOLD-A-COVER folding bed covers with some flush mounted storage compartments and still have some area for the 2KW generators on each side of the tail gate corners... All gets closed up and out of sight when not being used towing your trailer...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS