cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic 310 toilet problems ?

gtbread
Explorer
Explorer
Got a new camper first time out ,the toilet leaked out of the base ,dometic 310. It leaks black water while towing also the whole camper stinks .took it in for repair today .Dometic is sending a new one ASAP . But is my camper wrecked ? The stink and all my wife is freaking out . Thanks David
7 REPLIES 7

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
gtbread wrote:
...Camper is already at the repair place so I will be good with that either way ... I think I could put a new one in myself no problem I am handy . Should I just get a different toilet and take he new 310 out and sell it?

If I were you I would do just that.

In my previous Jayco I had a plastic Thetford and had not a day's problem with it. This plastic Dometic I have with the current trailer (don't know the model number off hand) is my main complaint with this new trailer. No I don't have poo juice or anything like that, but the flush is not at all efficient, and for some reason when I return back to the storage there sometimes is a bit of a sewer / ammonia smell that was not there when we left the campground. Who knows that what is ... And when sitting on the dumb thing it has that plasticy creak - I am just as chubby as before so it is the toilet. Since there is nothing "wrong" with it per se, I will replace it with a Thetford porcelain when I get done replacing / modifying other items.

As an aside, I am presently in a hotel in Taipei and the commode is a Rolls Royce of a thing - electronic and all, with heated seat, bidet, wash, electric seat and lid, etc. :C

Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

gtbread
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks friends ,the leak is between the base and bowl , so next question do you think the new one will be good or fail ?
My guess is I will be charged for labor to install it . My Wife thinks it will all be covered . Camper is already at the repair place so I will be good with that either way
I think I could put a new one in myself no problem I am handy . Should I just get a different toilet and take he new 310 out and sell it ? Thanks David
I don't want the poo juice any more .

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
gtbread wrote:
dometic 310. It leaks black water while towing also the whole camper stinks .
I don't understand ...what leaks black water? No, the stink won't stay and ruin your camper.
I suspect that the leak is between the porcelain bowl and the plastic base. It is a known problem with the 310. I have been there, done that and got the T-shirt. It was replaced but I couldn't stand the stick so I replaced it with a Thetford. I have a new 310 in the building. The odor will leave once you get the issue repaired.
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Took in for repairs.Dometic sending a new one.....problem solved

Now when you get it back.....bucket, hot-soapy water, some PineSol, rags and have at it.
It'll be pine fresh when you get done cleaning.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

DavidP
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the rubber closet seal is not installed properly, damaged or the base of the toilet is cracked where it seals against the closet seal. Was the toilet tight to the floor? Not sure where else it could leaking.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like if the camper is brand new the gasket wasn't placed on the toilet before it was bolted down. If a used camper then the gasket has failed and or the toilet has come loose from the mounting bolts.

The stink will go away...clean really good with a pine scented cleaner and leave the windows and vents open to air it out.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
gtbread wrote:
dometic 310. It leaks black water while towing also the whole camper stinks .
I don't understand ...what leaks black water? No, the stink won't stay and ruin your camper.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman