cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual pane windows....

KKELLER14K
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well having a great holiday season hope you are too. Well a discussion came up about winter camping and if you RV camp year round should you have them? My experience is that it really does help out actually all year round IMHO...keeping heat in and keeping the hot out..would like to hear some input...just sound off if you have them. What is your take on the extra insulated option?..I know some builders offer it now as a just do it..it comes as standard. Just want to have a new thread as to everyone's opinion.
Oh and by the way..check out my dual pane conversion in the camper door...no one makes this... at least the last time I checked....it is in the university...sticky. I mean why have dual panes and a door that does not?

Sorry still trying to figure out Photobucket....All my Pics are blurry. Trying to find a solution.
33 REPLIES 33

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely like dual pane windows, keeps the heat out in the summer and definitely quieter than single pane windows.

chast
Explorer II
Explorer II
Count me in with a vote against the dual pane (PAIN) window! After 25 years of full-timing in 13 different rigs some with and some without dual panes, I would rather use extra heat/cooling than deal with the problems that come with dual pane windows. Our current MH, a ‘99 Bounder, has had almost every window removed and repaired over the years and even the repaired ones are in need of attention again. At $200 to $400 each for repair, that money would go a long way paying for extra propane or kilowatts! No other benefits from my experience!
chartrue2@aol.com

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
jaycocreek wrote:
If given the choice on RV double pane windows or not,I would pass..The reason is when doing most of my travels on mountain backroads the seals in the window failed on more than one occasion making for a foggy window just like a house double pane can do with a window shaker AC..

I agree. Have read more comments about foggy windows due to seal failures than I can count. Our 2001 Class A Suncruiser's had double pane windows. Both the drivers side and passenger side failed and fogged up. Never again!
2010 Suncruiser

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
My opinion only..

If given the choice on RV double pane windows or not,I would pass..The reason is when doing most of my travels on mountain backroads the seals in the window failed on more than one occasion making for a foggy window just like a house double pane can do with a window shaker AC..

They used to make storm windows for all RV's which it seams they don't do anymore..I liked them and prefer them to double pane..

Maybe the double pane works for those that don't spend the majority of there time off road but they don't for me..I see little difference in summer or winter between the two mostly because of the use of reflectix in non used windows in extreme temps.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04