cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dumb question alert. Can I use 15 amp power?

kt0819
Explorer
Explorer
I was in full RV mode 2 months ago but then we purchased our TT (factory ordered a 2014) and life got really intense and I forgot about all things RV'ing, expecting our TT to arrive early July.

Well it's here and we are scrambling to find a campsite and try it out. Plus, I have forgotten a lot about what I learned a few months ago. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I found a campground that is first come first serve (everything else is booked solid) but they only have 4, 30amp sites and 20, 15 amp sites. It is the only campground within 45 min of where we would like to go that has any remote chance of an opening so even though there isn't water or sewer we will go check things out. It's the Canada day long weekend and sites are impossible to come by (we didn't book earlier as we weren't expecting our TT to be here).

I have a WhiteHawk 31DSLB with 30amp power. Can I use a 15amp hook up? We would be there for 4-5 nights so I need at least the fridge and hopefully the heater to make it through that time. We plan to take a full water tank and be very careful about usage (there are free showers so we wont' need to use the TT shower).

I can't believe I am asking such a dumb question but I need to get back to the campground owner ASAP as to what night we can come out so I can find out the likelihood of getting a site and I can't find the info I need as fast as posting a question.
Wife to 1 and mom to 6.
Just bought our first TT
Jayco Whitehawk 31DSLB with ProPride 3P
2012 2500 Yukon XL SLT 4x4
30 REPLIES 30

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Yes,but you will need a 30 to 15 amp adapter available at Walmart or might be included in your starter kit. You won't be able to run the air. May need to shut everything off to use the microwave. Water heater on LP will help alot. Converter and refrig. and heater fan will probably max you out.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand