cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dumping tanks

specta
Explorer
Explorer
How far from home do you have to go to dump your tanks or can you dump them at home?
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.
46 REPLIES 46

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
My camper scaled 4300lb empty and winterized.
Last trip with some Alaskan rocks & beer it come like 6300 lb.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Just seems odd to me. I have a LARGE camper and just don't experience that at all.

I put a 4000 lb camper in the back of my pickup and it only took 100 pounds off the front axle.

Maybe you're just over sensitive.
Kenny

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
specta wrote:
Kayteg1 wrote:

It does when you have holding tanks 7 ft behind rear axle.
Only once I drove with over 100 lb of gray water and purposing was getting out of control.

Just how unstable was your setup???

100 lbs caused it to purpoise out of control? WOW!!!!

Hard to estimate if it was 100 or maybe 200 lb of waste water, but it did make drastic change.
Bear in mind that 200 lb in rear tank adds like 300+ on rear axle and takes over 100lb from front.
When your front is already light due to TC COG being behind the axle, it doesn't take much and the incident happen when I was moving interstate, so my camper had lot of house belongings in it -meaning HEAVY.
So now my first thing after taking shower inside is how to dump the water.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:

Only once I drove with over 100 lb of gray water and purposing was getting out of control.

Just how unstable was your setup???

100 lbs caused it to purpoise out of control? WOW!!!!
Kenny

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
jimh425 wrote:
Kayteg1 wrote:

Donโ€™t look now but your number is off again. :D. Well, I guess you could say you were talking about a extended length chassis bed.

You just love to talk about things you have no idea about, don't you?

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Well I'm just happy my gray tank isn't sitting 7 ft behind my rear axle.

For me, a couple hundred pounds is no big deal. Even sitting 3-4 ft behind my rear axle.
Kenny

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kayteg1 wrote:

Donโ€™t look now but your number is off again. :D. Well, I guess you could say you were talking about a extended length chassis bed.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
specta wrote:
I seldom stay in campgrounds with hookups so I always dump at home.

I have a hard time thinking a couple hundred pounds makes much difference.

Dumping on west coast is not easy, but about every 500 miles you will find free dump at rest area. Then lot of places where you can do it for a fee.
For me it is easy. Dump fees are $5-10, when with my pass I can stay at several campgrounds for $7 with free dumping.
Beware that some campgrounds will charge you for staying and sill have dump fee.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
I seldom stay in campgrounds with hookups so I always dump at home.

I have a hard time thinking a couple hundred pounds makes much difference.
Kenny

Boondocking2019
Explorer
Explorer
When I built our home I put in a cement RV Pad and that included a 30 Amp Connection plus RV Tank dump connection that drains to the Septic Tank. I make a point to dump tanks before leaving Camp site or last option to dump at home. With a Truck Camper Iโ€™m dumping at the nearest opportunity donโ€™t need that extra weight.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hey, I thought we were trying to come up with the funniest response. I have other things to do than hold my water. ๐Ÿ˜„

Besides, if I believed in the nanny state, I would have stayed in WA.

Thanks for the beer offer and your address!

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
jimh425 wrote:
I keep a list of people and locations who dump the grey on the ground because it doesnโ€™t matter. Then, when my grey tank is full I stop by their house and let it rip. Of course, I also publish the locations online because it doesnโ€™t matter. ๐Ÿ˜„

I'll pm you my addy. I don't give a schitt, literally or figuratively!
You can even get a beer out of my fridge to complete the "Schitters full" scene!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

specta
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
I keep a list of people and locations who dump the grey on the ground because it doesnโ€™t matter. Then, when my grey tank is full I stop by their house and let it rip. Of course, I also publish the locations online because it doesnโ€™t matter. ๐Ÿ˜„

It doesn't bother you that people drain their gray water does it? :B
Kenny

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
Let me see if l understand this . It's ok for you to dump your grey water at someone's house but not OK for them to dump their great water in the boonies .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed