cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Durivas 250s

roman_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Is anyone running Durivas 250s on their dually and if so what's your thoughts on this tire. I have a 2008 Duramax and the tires on it are not worn, but they have aged out. I have the Duravis on the trailer and I like them, but I would like some feedback on using them on my truck. Three's not a lot to choose from on the 225/75/17 size.

Thanks

RT
18 REPLIES 18

roman_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
These are the new LTXs that came out in August of 2015. They are supposed to be made with a new compound for high torque vehicles. However, I had the XPS ribs on my fiver and they started cracking in about 3 years so we will see what happens.

Happy travels.

RT

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
RAS43 wrote:
Hope you have better luck then I have. My 4 year old LTX's are cracking all around the sidewalls with 25000 miles. Will see the dealer next week.

I just got sick to my stomach. :M
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hope you have better luck then I have. My 4 year old LTX's are cracking all around the sidewalls with 25000 miles. Will see the dealer next week.

roman_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for your input. Ended up with Michelin LTX MS. Very happy with the tires.
Thanks again.

RT

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Bridgestone shows 5 different tires in the Duravis line....some are better suited for trailer use and others for steer/drive use....
m700..
m700hd..
m773 II
R-250..
R-500hd..
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
The R500HD is a tuff tire with 2 ply poly sidewall and wears like iron. However on my 2001.5 which was a peppy truck one had to be pretty careful with the go pedal on wet roads. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

97chevor
Explorer
Explorer
M700 or M773II came stock on GM Duravis AT tire.

I would jump up to 235/80/17s and buy the Duravis R500 for the truck. I would skip the r250 do to the staight grooves. I just think the tire will spin badly on wet pavement.

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
My chevy 2500 came with the Duravis as the stock tire. It is the 500 I believe which is an all terrain tire. great in snow but a little noisy on dry pavement.
I will be the first to admit I don't rotate my tires as I should. My fronts lasted 70,000 and I could have squeezed a little more but it was approaching winter.
Backs I average about 50,000.

I like them.

roman_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Jimnlin, actually they are 17 in rims which gives me even less choices. I'm taking the feedback I got here and match it to the advice I get from my tire dealer that I have bought tires from since I was 18 years old and hopefully make the right decision. The truck has never seen sand, snow or ice and here in Cali not a hell of a lot of rain. We only hall to our spot on the central coast, about a 3 hour drive. Thanks again everyone for your input. Safe travels.

RT

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Ok....I see you have a DRW so the tires are a LT225/75-17 E at 27xx lb capacity.
I see what you mean about not much in this size. The tirerack.com shows just four tires.
Have you thought about a slightly bigger size for your DRW or are you stuck with the 225/75 tires ??

I see Cooper makes a LT225/75-17 E at 2755 lbs in the HT-3 which they recommend for commercial vehicles. Its a poly tire with the usual steel tread belts.

I've tried a ribbed tread pattern like the R-250 with no lug pattern when I towed with DRW trucks pulling my GN trailers. A pull around behind the work site on wet green grass resulted in a stuck truck in 1" deep ruts.
I moved them to one of my trailers which the R-250 tire is better suited.
edited out my typing 16" size senior moment....Jim
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

roman_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:
Three's not a lot to choose from on the 225/75/17 size.

Something doesn't sound right here. A LT225/75-17 E would most likely have 2680 lb capacity. I don't see a 225/75-17 size tire anywhere.

Is that a typo ??

Your 2500 GM need a LT E at 3195 lb as a minimum capacity.

Not a typo, that's the size tire that came with the truck. It is E rated and I haven't had any problems towing a 12,000 lb fiver, but I'm not real pleased with the Generals that came on the truck. Just recently BS came out with the Duravis 250 in this size. Although my rruck is 4WD it never leaves the pavement, so based on what I have learned from a couple of you I will go with this tire. Thank you all for your input.

RT

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Three's not a lot to choose from on the 225/75/17 size.

Something doesn't sound right here. A LT225/75-17 E would most likely have 2680 lb capacity. I don't see a 225/75-17 size tire anywhere.

Is that a typo ??

Your 2500 GM need a LT E at 3195 lb as a minimum capacity.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
RAS43 wrote:
2oldman wrote:
Can't find that brand anywhere. (Durivas)
They are Bridgestone tires, very good highway tread but if you need all season traction there are other tires that are better suited.
Ok. It's Duravis.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
I love them on our fiver ,very good tires. But for the truck they are street tires. Mud and snow you would be in trouble. I have run Michelin M&S on our single wheel truck for years with no problems.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!