cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Durivas 250s

roman_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Is anyone running Durivas 250s on their dually and if so what's your thoughts on this tire. I have a 2008 Duramax and the tires on it are not worn, but they have aged out. I have the Duravis on the trailer and I like them, but I would like some feedback on using them on my truck. Three's not a lot to choose from on the 225/75/17 size.

Thanks

RT
18 REPLIES 18

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a dually just a 2500 Dmax 4x2.

I ran them for years on my truck. My thoughts?

#1 They are a **** good commercial tire.

#2 I thought I would get more mileage out of them. I got about 65,000 out of them. I thought I would get about 80+. About 1/2 towing in very hot weather most of the time.

#3 They are VERY heavy and well built.

#4 They are a very hard tire.

#5 I don't see these tires EVER cracking.

#6 I thought about capping them because the casing was so good.

I broke my promise to myself and went and bought Michelin tires a few months ago. I don't think the Michelin tire are built as well. The Michelin tires ride nicer than the BS. The Michelins are a softer tire. I was assured I would get 70K+ miles out of the Michelins. I don't think that will happen but I don't know and won't know for about 7 to 10 or so years.

All in all the BS were good tires. I was going to buy them again but got the Michelins for $200 bones less and wanted to see what all the hype was about. I was disappointed that I didn't get 80K+ out of the BS though.

That's my take on the whole deal.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
Can't find that brand anywhere.

They are Bridgestone tires, very good highway tread but if you need all season traction there are other tires that are better suited.

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
Hankooks are good and not too expensive.
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can't find that brand anywhere.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman