cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Earthbound Dillon RV

Captfreddy
Explorer
Explorer
Any help on decision to purchase an earthbound rv...looks like a well made rv...upscale but with company closed not sure if it is a wise decision... Can only find negative comments online..first look and press releases describe an alternate to Airstream.
5 REPLIES 5

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
Here's something to remember. The RV Dealer is NOT the one warrantying your RV it's the manufacturer. Same when buying a car. It's the manufacturer who's supplying the warranty - That's why dealers first go back to the manufacturer and get the okay before they do warranty work.

Buyer beware...
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

TheBeag5plus
Explorer
Explorer
We own a MVP Vortex toy hauler which is an orphan. I would not buy another orphaned unit of any kind.
We bought our TH brand new and did not realize the situation with MVP Company. Some time after we bought our unit we had it in our local tire shop and it got hit with a forklift. Damaged the side back corner and graphics were one of the things needing to be replaced. The tire shop had some graphics made by someone local and they did a great job, everything matched perfect! Got me to thinking though, at some point we made need to replace or repair something that we would like to match the existing color or whatever and there is no company to turn too. With so many choices, unless your just in love with this unit and can't let it go, you may want to go another way. I also wonder how it is going to affect resale value if we ever want to sell this one. You always take such a loss anyway, I can see it being a negative. Good luck to you!
The mountains are calling and I must go.

windpusher
Explorer
Explorer
Earthbound RV defaulted on loans and its assets were auctioned off the 15 of January 2014. The trailers were probably as good if not better than Airstream but they were expensive.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
I personally would not want to purchase an "orphan" travel trailer. There are too many similar trailers available with robust companies behind them.

Evergreen RV's Element looks exactly like the EarthboundRV:

Element Travel Trailer

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer