Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Elon tease -- Tesla pick will look like military vehicle

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Another Elon Musk tease.:C

Just trolling the Mr. Magoo skeptics, EV and Musk haters.

Fire away!

Tesla Pick-up Military Style?
67 REPLIES 67

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
time2roll wrote:

LOL

Why no suicide doors like the Semi?

The diesel boys will no longer get to say "the one with the most lug nuts wins". I do like the concept of super singles shown.

I wonder if center position driving could catch on.

Real deal scheduled to be seen on November 21st.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-unveil-electric-pickup-cybertruck-171941930.html

With the driver in the middle, how do I order and get my Bacon McDouble and large Doctor Pepper, inner the gate code to get into storage lot, pay tolls, drive thru bank lane, throw out my empty been cans etc etc?

It comes equipped with Grip N Grab.:B

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
noteven wrote:
This outfit shows fake videos of their booster rockets landing themselves. Now they are talking electric vehicles with useful range?

This okboomer does has a question: how is enough AC electricity going to be generated to power the world motor vehicle fleet?

Just told yah folks about not embarrassing yourselves. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Those fake videos have already done 18 supply missions for NASA.:S:B

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
There is just two week to Tesla's pick-up introduction.

Don't you think with our memories still fresh, we can still remember to embarrass you with your skepticism and crazy can't do speculations?
Remember this next year when the pickup truck still isn't in even limited production. Showing a one-off means very little, it becomes real when they are actually available to purchase.

Get yourself edumacated, that's how auto companies do it!;)

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Don't you think with our memories still fresh, we can still remember to embarrass you with your skepticism and crazy can't do speculations?
Remember this next year when the pickup truck still isn't in even limited production. Showing a one-off means very little, it becomes real when they are actually available to purchase.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
time2roll wrote:

LOL

The diesel boys will no longer get to say "the one with the most lug nuts wins". I do like the concept of super singles shown.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-unveil-electric-pickup-cybertruck-171941930.html

With the driver in the middle, how do I order and get my Bacon McDouble and large Doctor Pepper, inner the gate code to get into storage lot, pay tolls, drive thru bank lane, throw out my empty been cans etc etc?
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
noteven wrote:
This outfit shows fake videos of their booster rockets landing themselves. Now they are talking electric vehicles with useful range?

This okboomer does has a question: how is enough AC electricity going to be generated to power the world motor vehicle fleet?

Utilities expect to see a total grid load increase of about 20 percent to power the private vehicle fleet. The average daily consumption of a commuter vehicle is 6 to 8 kWh. Meh. Most Utilities are welcoming the customers. They have 30 years to figure it out. It doesnโ€™t happen overnight.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer

97chevor
Explorer
Explorer
I just sceptical how long batteries will last in an actual work vehicle.

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
I'm rooting for Tesla, but after seeing one of their concept photos a couple of years ago showing the Tesla pickup with an F150 IN THE BED I pretty much ignore any of their press releases.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
time2roll wrote:

LOL

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/teslau-unveil-electric-pickup-cybertruck-171941930.html
Reminds me of the old Ford econline and Chevy Corvair pickups, I remembered Volkswagen had one to back in the early 60's.

All are speculating now, but I doubt if this is how the truck will look.

It was described as muscular, tough and a military personnel carrier look-alike.

Cant's wait for Nov 21 (and the opening for reservations).

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Its not a dually so it wonโ€™t work. The army fills battle tanks with helium to haul them on those wimpy single wheeler transporters. 1 wheel = grocery getter. rv dot net fact.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
time2roll wrote:

LOL

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/teslau-unveil-electric-pickup-cybertruck-171941930.html
Reminds me of the old Ford econline and Chevy Corvair pickups, I remembered Volkswagen had one to back in the early 60's. I could see this design being used as a pickup or a van for deliveries or the trades.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Bedlam wrote:
You will finally get an idea what the Tesla pickup will look like after two years of teasing. No idea how much longer Tesla will tease buyers before it actually becomes available:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/teslas-mystery-pickup-electric-cybertruck-unveiled-on-november-21-says...

My guess is at least a year to production. Battery supply is tight in the industry. The model Y and energy storage market will be sucking up capacity.

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
Agreed, photoshop fun. The 300000 lb. towing came from the folks at Quantas who hooked a ModelX to a 787-9 (empty weight right at 300000) and pulled it a few hundred yards. Thereโ€™s a YouTube of it.
Should be fun to see what they come up with.