cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

F150 GCWR question

twizzler
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I am looking for clarification on the GCWR information presented in the owner's manual. I have a 92 5.0 with 3.55 gears and here is the relevant page from the owner's manual:

I read that as the GCWR for my truck is 11,500 pounds? But what are the other two rows for? Are these hitch ratings or tow packages? Seems like a stupid question, but this has me puzzled...thanks...here is the truck:

5 REPLIES 5

twizzler
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
is there anyway to see what the other information is in those rows?

I have a feeling that the different ratings have to do with cooling packages and tow packages, drive... etc.

Thanks!

Jeremiah

The scanned image is the end of the table. It was a little blurred during the scan, but the last column is "Max Frontal Area (Sq. ft)."

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
is there anyway to see what the other information is in those rows?

I have a feeling that the different ratings have to do with cooling packages and tow packages, drive... etc.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

twizzler
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks and yes, I think you guys are correct. There isn't anything on the door jam sticker that I see that specifically explains this which is why I raised the question here.

Here is a slightly newer version (1996) of the owner's manual: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/96f12og1e.pdf

Page 239 is where it has essentially the same GCWR table but in a slightly different format (not multiple rows like in mine). There is a note at the end of that section though on page 242 where it says:

Required equipment

?
Super Cooling is required with trailers over
2,000 lb (907 kg).

?
Super Cooling and Handling/Suspension
Package or trailer towing package is required
with trailers over 3,500 lb (1587 kg).

These values (2000 lb and 3500 lb) correspond with the table in my owners manual so I assume that is the reason for the weird multiple row structure in their older table in the owner's manual.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
sch911 wrote:
No actually I think it's telling you that there were three different packages offered. The question is which one do you have. Is there a door jamb tire sticker with this information on your vehicle?

X2

3 different trim levels such as reg cab, extended cab, tow package/camper special, 4X2, 4X4 etc.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
No actually I think it's telling you that there were three different packages offered. The question is which one do you have. Is there a door jamb tire sticker with this information on your vehicle?
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad