cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

f250 4x4 crew cab weight

3iron
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at this this truck but wondering what the weight is. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks for looking.
10 REPLIES 10

Admin
Moved to Tow Vehicles from 5th Wheels

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

Whiten
Explorer
Explorer
Golden_HVAC wrote:
What year of truck?

Gas or diesel?

The 7.3L 4X4 F-250 crewcab was only about 800 pounds less than the GVWR, so be careful, most diesel trucks do not carry a lot of weight before going over the GVWR. My 95 Windstar could carry more weight than a 7.3L Excursion or 4X4 crewcab F-250!

While the 7.3L was a wonderful engine, it was also a 700 pound option over the lightweight inline 6.

If you want to carry something heavy, keep looking. The F-250 diesel was not able to carry very much cargo, before going over the GVWR.

After 2005, the GVWR went way up. In 2004, the F-250 GVWR was only 8,800 pounds, while a 2005 is around 10,000 pounds, depending on options of course. A light gas engine 2 WD 2 door has a lighter GVWR than the crewcab diesel has.

Good luck!

Fred.

so you telling me that your windstar van is a better tow rig than my 2002 F250 with the 7.3?

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
3iron wrote:
US out west; Real close, thanks.

Real close to what?

You implied in this thread you were "looking at this truck" but in an earlier thread you stated you bought that truck.

So color me :h
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is almost 8k... 06 6.0 CC 4x4

msgtord
Explorer
Explorer
7240 lbs with me in it, plus tool box and tools, floor jack, etc.

4x4 c/c 6.2
1995 Fleetwood Mallard 22B.
2014 Ford F250 Crew Cab. 6.2, 4x4.

3iron
Explorer
Explorer
US out west; Real close, thanks.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
What year of truck?

Gas or diesel?

The 7.3L 4X4 F-250 crewcab was only about 800 pounds less than the GVWR, so be careful, most diesel trucks do not carry a lot of weight before going over the GVWR. My 95 Windstar could carry more weight than a 7.3L Excursion or 4X4 crewcab F-250!

While the 7.3L was a wonderful engine, it was also a 700 pound option over the lightweight inline 6.

If you want to carry something heavy, keep looking. The F-250 diesel was not able to carry very much cargo, before going over the GVWR.

After 2005, the GVWR went way up. In 2004, the F-250 GVWR was only 8,800 pounds, while a 2005 is around 10,000 pounds, depending on options of course. A light gas engine 2 WD 2 door has a lighter GVWR than the crewcab diesel has.

Good luck!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
3iron wrote:
Looking at this this truck but wondering what the weight is. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks for looking.
Read the label on your door pillar that says "Combined weight of occupants and cargo must not exceed xxxx pounds"
Subtract "xxxx" from the truck GVWR (on another door label) and you will arrive at the weight of your truck as it left the factory.
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.

Rjdreyer
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is about 7980 lbs. 6.7 4x4. Payload is about 2020 lbs.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Thought you already bought that truck????

https://forums.woodalls.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28389054.cfm
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel