Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F350 and Lance 815

Guinevere
Explorer
Explorer
Matching a truck camper to truck
« on: Today at 06:29:50 AM »
I have a lance 815 and am looking at trucks now I found a F350 6.5 brd im interested in the problem the cab is higher then my camper. Is there a plateform for the trucks bed someone can recommend or will this threw the fit off too much should I kept looking ..I really like the truck
4 REPLIES 4

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
Guinevere wrote:
Matching a truck camper to truck
« on: Today at 06:29:50 AM »
I have a lance 815 and am looking at trucks now I found a F350 6.5 brd im interested in the problem the cab is higher then my camper. Is there a plateform for the trucks bed someone can recommend or will this threw the fit off too much should I kept looking ..I really like the truck

I also have a 2002 Lance 815 on a F250, same cab height situation. My solution was to build a wooden platform with two slide out storage draws.

Raising the camper 4 inches has no negative effect for any of my off road travels (so far) and as a unexpected effect, the wind noise that I trying to solve disappeared with the increased space between the cabover and the truck cab.

2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

Droland
Explorer
Explorer
I use a horse stall mat from Tractor Supply.
2010 Ford F250
2001 Lance Lite 815
2004 Glastron SX175

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
I have use a piece of 2 inch rigid pink foam board under mine for thousands and thousands of miles. No problems. Extra insulation in the winter. Extremely lite also. Works for me. Whether you use wood or foam I would not hesitate to buy the camper because of cab height.
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
Raising the camper is common with Ford trucks. Some folks put sheets of rigid foam in the bed. Some build a platform out of wood.

I fastened two layers of 2 X 4's around the perimeter of the camper bottom. This created a 3.5 inch void under the camper, which I used to run wiring for the umbilical cord and a PVC drain line from the fresh tank.

These two mods allow:

1. Plug in the camper at the truck's hitch, without using and extension cord.

2. My fresh tank is in front end of the camper. Prior to this mod, draining the tank while on the truck, meant dumping it in the truck bed. Now it runs out the back end.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)