cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fantastic fan create-a-breeze

danimal53
Explorer
Explorer
I want to upgrade our standard (basically useless) vent fan to a fan-tastic fan. dont really need the super deluxe with remote and rain sensor etc. the simple manual control works for us. Does the really basic model move the same amount of air as the bells and whistles fancy one? The create-a-breeze 3 speed manual is on sale at camping world, just want to make sure this is a worthwhile upgrade. anyone have this basic one?
2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
2016 Coachman Clipper 17BH
21 REPLIES 21

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
If only thinking of the bathroom, (and maybe you've already seen these!!), consider the Vortex replacement fan. It can be bought in a basic exhaust model, or a intake/exhaust multi-speed model.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002N1J5IM/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687702&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00APSSPEA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0KEQQ5P6R46083J4AN18

http://www.amazon.com/Roof-Vent-Vortex-Ugrade-Multi-Speed/dp/B00APSSPEA

We have one of each, one is over 6 yrs old with no problems. One real advantage is that it is not necc to replace the whole vent, no roof work or resealing. If you need a new vent, the Fantastic is "fantastic". But more money and work.
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
we have one up front in the bedroom area and one at the rear in the kitchen. Both are thermostat controlled and reverse-able plus 3 speeds.

Typically I will put the one in the front on exhaust with hi speed and the one in the rear on in flow with it on low speed.

Keeps the air in the RV moving and from getting stale.

The one in the bedroom is over the bed so at night we can use it as a ceiling fan to pull in fresh air.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
danimal53 wrote:
Does the really basic model move the same amount of air as the bells and whistles fancy one?

Simple answer - yes. Just be aware that the "really basic unit" is exhaust only, useful only for the bathroom, otherwise you want the next model up - 3 spd & reversible.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

danimal53
Explorer
Explorer
that's all i needed to hear, thanks! looks like the upgrade is coming soon
2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
2016 Coachman Clipper 17BH

GailS
Explorer
Explorer
We've had both and they are great. We have the standard model now with the addition of a cover which I prefer. Our previous motorhome had the upgraded rain sensor model and of course would shut off when it rained. Now we can still run the fan in the rain.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We certainly enjoy how ours works on my OFF-ROAD POPUP Tent Trailer...

We crack open a couple window flaps on both ends and the fantastic Fan pulls in a lot of fresh air...

Most of our camping in OFF-ROAD without air conditioning and this really does an excellent job keeping us cooled down at night when sleeping...

This all fits in the standard 8-inch by 8-inch square hole in the ceiling. Mine is the standard manual crank up top vent model...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

B-n-B
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm on my 5th rig (4 previous truck campers) and all of them have had the basic Fantastic fan. In each case the fan was MORE than adequate to move air in or out of the rig. IMO, the basic model would be a simple and worthwhile upgrade to any camper.
2019 Chevy 3500HD LTZ DRW
2021 Lance 975