Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford 2011 6.7

Aka_the_breeze
Explorer
Explorer
Without starting world war 3-4 or 5...

My brother in law has a 2015 Ford f-250 XL with the 6.2 gas and he pulls a 33' TT with ease... He may have stumbled onto a deal that he cant refuse on a 2011 F-250, lariat, loaded with 6.7..

What are the takes on that engine from real time users.. not haters, or others..
32 REPLIES 32

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
A small percentage of those built before 3/29/2011 may have defective valves. If a valve breaks the engine is wasted.

Radiator problems are all too common, look carefully at the lower portion. All years are subject. Aftermarket radiators also fail, some believe that they are twisted in use. Replacement radiators eliminate one bolt to lessen the twisting and that may be a partial fix.

The large CAC tube has a high failure rate, all years are subject. Replace with a much better aftermarket part, do this regardless of appearance.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
So far it's been a very good engine for us. The only problem we've had is a blown out hose on the turbine and some minor electrical problems. We have 110K on it and have been all over the western mountain areas towing a 34 ft fiver at the time. Including 12% grades.

There were some fuel pump issues with water in the fuel but the reports of those seem to have mostly faded away in the last couple of years. Ford must be dealing with problems better now.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

I cannot comment on the 2011 version, but my 2015 version is awesome !

It would depend on the "DEAL that he can't refuse"

Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet