cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forest River Palomino Max2910 Question

mclainfarm
Explorer
Explorer
I have not been on the forums for a while. now I am looking at the forest river palomino max2910. Does anyone have any info on these? I have a 99 ford f350 dually diesel. Is this too much camper for my truck? The camper dry weight is 3400 lbs.Thanks for any help.
Dwayne
1999 FORD F350 DRW 7.3 DIESEL 240000 MILES
2014 Palomino truck camper
2 REPLIES 2

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
There is a degree of snobbery on these forums, so don't expect too many kind words about the Palomino. They did make some major upgrades in the last couple of years which may reflect the fact that they are now owned by Forest River inc. That makes comparisons to their 1994 products difficult. They are at least interesting to look at.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Words ranging from "entry level" to "cheap" are typically used to describe the construction of the Palomino brand. They're definitely not designed for heavy abuse, but if you use it like you own it and take care of it they hold up just fine.

3400lbs is just the beginning. You also have to add in the weight of options and anything you will bring with you on your camping trip, including yourself.

Will it be too much for a F350 dually? Probably not, but you might want to take the truck and get it weighed empty first just to see how much payload capacity you're starting out with.

You may exceed GVWR, but you should be under your axle/tire ratings with upwards of 5000lbs of camper, stuff, and people on board with that truck.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.