cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forest River Surveyor SCT192T Hybrid

Manitoba_V6_Cre
Explorer
Explorer
Hi to everyone from a newbie to be RVer. I need some help to see if my 2014 Silverado Crew, 4.3 V6, 2WD, 2.23 auto locking rear with 5900 Tow limit can pull this hybrid.

Truck Stats
GCWR is 11,000 lbs
GVWR is 6900 lbs
Front Axle Wt Rating is 3650 lbs
Rear Axle Wt Rating is 3950 lbs
Weight Distributing Hitch, Max Trailer Weight 5900 lbs
Weight Distributing Hitch, Max Tongue Weight 885 lbs

The misses and I are looking at a Hybrid TT, the Surveyor 192T.
Stats from brochure:
UVW is 3680 lbs, w cargo weight of 1692 lbs. Hitch weight of 372 lbs. Sales guy says with some included options it was pushed to - 3827 lbs UVW with 1507 Cargo.

Fresh 46 gallons, Grey 40, Black 30

I asked him about the GCWR and he says that's got nothing to with the tow limit and the trailer is below the trucks tow limit. He picked the number from TrailerLife.com as I could see the site open on his computer.

So is he fishy, is he right or am I paranoid. I get this feeling if my truck can tow this trailer, then I'd be right at the limit. We do like the trailer though.

Thoughts?

Thanks for reading and any replies folks.
4 REPLIES 4

Manitoba_V6_Cre
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Poppin for your thoughts. I thought that we should be under the ratings but that it would close. We do pack light usually and are both medium weight as far as North American's are concerned. I'll probably trade this truck in sometime in late 2018 or early 2019 depending on how it feels with this weight. That will be dependant on the flat prairie towing vrs towing out to Nova Scotia and all the hills in-between.

Thanks again.

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
Safety-wise, I think you are fine. You are well within the trucks payload and other ratings.

Where you probably aren't going to be thrilled is in the power department. That V6 is going to rev a lot get up and over hills, especially at highway speeds. I would bet on the secondary roads at speeds 50MPH and less it will be more acceptable, but no rocket ship.

Pack light and don't be in a hurry and it should work fine for you.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

Manitoba_V6_Cre
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Dan thanks for the reply.

Yes typo on the rear end 3.23 gears.

The tire and loading information sticker on the door jam says "The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed 1797 lbs" along with the cold tire pressures psi numbers for the tires info.

I'll have to check the sticker on the trailer tomorrow when I'm at the dealer.

Thanks again Dan

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Manitoba V6 Crew wrote:
Hi to everyone from a newbie to be RVer. I need some help to see if my 2014 Silverado Crew, 4.3 V6, 2WD, 2.23 auto locking rear with 5900 Tow limit can pull this hybrid.

Truck Stats
GCWR is 11,000 lbs
GVWR is 6900 lbs
Front Axle Wt Rating is 3650 lbs
Rear Axle Wt Rating is 3950 lbs
Weight Distributing Hitch, Max Trailer Weight 5900 lbs
Weight Distributing Hitch, Max Tongue Weight 885 lbs

The misses and I are looking at a Hybrid TT, the Surveyor 192T.
Stats from brochure:
UVW is 3680 lbs, w cargo weight of 1692 lbs. Hitch weight of 372 lbs. Sales guy says with some included options it was pushed to - 3827 lbs UVW with 1507 Cargo.

Fresh 46 gallons, Grey 40, Black 30

I asked him about the GCWR and he says that's got nothing to with the tow limit and the trailer is below the trucks tow limit. He picked the number from TrailerLife.com as I could see the site open on his computer.

So is he fishy, is he right or am I paranoid. I get this feeling if my truck can tow this trailer, then I'd be right at the limit. We do like the trailer though.

Thoughts?

Thanks for reading and any replies folks.

first, the more important number is what's the truck's payload capacity?

second, never heard of a 2.23 rear end ratio, maybe 3.23.

third, what does the yellow weight sticker on the trailer say? that's what it weighed when it left the factory, including options.

fourth, forget fictional brochure/website weight specs. NO trailer weighs that when it leaves the factory.

but i think you'll be ok. but answering the above questions would help.
i'm not a fan of Trailer Life specs. they often don't take the different truck configurations, into consideration.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes