cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fox Landing on an older Arctic Fox 990

homefor2
Explorer
Explorer
I stopped by the dealer today to look at the Fox Landing on a new camper. The difference between the bumper on the new camper and my bumper (2007 - 990) seemed to be the bracing underneath. Everything else on the bumper looked the same. I didn't get a chance to measure the width of the bumper so I wonder if anyone with the Fox Landing could tell me the width of the bumper on the top of the flat surface where you step. My bumper is 8 and 3/8ths inches wide. Thanks
1998 Carriage Conestoga 3742
27 REPLIES 27

homefor2
Explorer
Explorer
That's good to know. Never knew about this reinforcing plate. Thanks for the great photo.

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know if this helps any, but here's what the backside of the Fox Landing ready bumper looks like:

Basically, two pieces of 1/4" plate welded in. The four holes are threaded inserts where the FL attaches. About 5/16" dia.

2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
deltabravo wrote:
wcjeep wrote:
deltabravo wrote:
I heard there was additional framework added in the basement floor of the newer campers to support to longer bracing of the Fox Landing bumpers.

I stopped by my local dealer when the Fox Landing came out. They told me the same thing.

LOL.... Guess it stands to reason we both had the same answer since we heard it from the same source (the same dealer)

I am going to do some research on cost of the new bumper.
I'm sure it will faint when I find out.

Another feature I'd like on my camper, which new ones have, is the power rear awning.
The manual rear awning is a nuisance to deploy since you have to either have a ladder to do it, or shimmy across the rear bumper and hope you don't fall off.

Another advantage of the Fox Landing. It makes a nice platform for deploying the awning. ๐Ÿ˜„

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
wcjeep wrote:
deltabravo wrote:
I heard there was additional framework added in the basement floor of the newer campers to support to longer bracing of the Fox Landing bumpers.

I stopped by my local dealer when the Fox Landing came out. They told me the same thing.

LOL.... Guess it stands to reason we both had the same answer since we heard it from the same source (the same dealer)

I am going to do some research on cost of the new bumper.
I'm sure it will faint when I find out.

Another feature I'd like on my camper, which new ones have, is the power rear awning.
The manual rear awning is a nuisance to deploy since you have to either have a ladder to do it, or shimmy across the rear bumper and hope you don't fall off.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
homefor2 wrote:
I believe the bumper and Fox Landing is about $2000.00 in Canada.

Sheesh. That's tall cotton. Seems like someone could fabricate something for at least half that amount.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
I suppose it costs a lot.

Dave Mann is a current contact at the factory.

That's good to know, I wish Rick well, he had been very helpful in years past
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

homefor2
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the bumper and Fox Landing is about $2000.00 in Canada.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
I suppose it costs a lot.

Dave Mann is a current contact at the factory.
Bob

homefor2
Explorer
Explorer
wcjeep wrote:
deltabravo wrote:

Calling the factory is going to be the best source of information though, since they can tell you exactly what changed with regard to framing, etc.

I just called Northwood and they confirmed that there is NOT additional framework added to the basement floor. They suggested simply changing the bumper and adding the Fox Landing. Unfortunately I am not spending the $$$$ for a new bumper so I either add bracing to my bumper or forget it.

homefor2
Explorer
Explorer
n7bsn wrote:
Personally I'd get ahold of Rick Goodwater at the factory

FYI He is no longer working at the factory. I just called.

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:

Calling the factory is going to be the best source of information though, since they can tell you exactly what changed with regard to framing, etc.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Personally I'd get ahold of Rick Goodwater at the factory
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.