cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Front Window pros and cons

Christl
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks: I am looking to upgrade from a pop-up TC to a stiff-side for more room and storage. This will entail purchasing a larger truck. We have had some memorable 50 day trips in the Bronco 1251S including spotting wild life in the early morning light through all the windows when camping and the fresh air across your face when sleeping. We feel we would miss not having the front window on the overhang and wish to hear which TC's have them and are they a real pain to keep water tight? Not having side windows on both sides of the overhang and being replaced by a large inside mirror would be a deal breaker for us. Looking forward to hearing your comments.
16 REPLIES 16

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I bought my Lance I asked if I could get it without a front window. The answer was yea, I have read of to many problems with them.

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Not having side windows on both sides of the overhang and being replaced by a large inside mirror would be a deal breaker for us. "

I don't understand this. You typically have windows on both sides. You may or may not have a Front Window.

Having side windows on both sides of the overhang and being replaced by a large inside mirror has me puzzled. I am sure it can be done, but not sure it is common.

Typically, the TC will have small windows on each side of the overhang (cabover). It may or may not have a large window (or two) in the front of the overhang (cabover). This window looks out over the hood of the truck, and is the frequent cause of water leaks.

I prefer no window with no leaks. I sleep in be and get up to take in the view. You can look out of the small side windows, and I typically leave then open a bit for cross air ventilation.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke