cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

gauges?

RAllison
Explorer
Explorer
If you could have any gauges in your truck, other than Speed,Tach and Fuel what would they be. Getting a new gauge package for my F350 and was curious what other people would like to have.Thanks
24 REPLIES 24

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another vote for the Edge Insight CTS2, then you can pick what you want to monitor and change it whenever you want.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
Edge Insight CTS2. Monitors/displays multiple parameters and supports external probes. They make a 2-5/8 mounting bracket for it, but it's a square touchscreen. I'd forgo the A-pillar pods for this, if that's what you are looking at.

2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

path1
Explorer
Explorer
I would look up "known problems" on what you have and get gauges for what might be a problem for you someday. For what I have...a fuel pressure, oil and trans temps are good indicators of what is going to fall apart next. My rear axle is a Dana 70 so I also installed a temp gauge for rear end. Matter of fact I have toggle switch to monitor temp's on trans and diff using same gauge. Have you checked out "scan gauge"? Again depends on what might fall apart on your set up. At same time I don't think you need to have gauges that are watching other gauges.

(After I had trailer plug loose connection one time, I have been thinking about a small LED light up to dash via charge line, letting me know if elec is still connected).
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like having an ampmeter but it is only really useful if you can read fairly low amperages, as small as 3 amps. That can tell you a lot about the state of your battery.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Be nice to know what is in it now. My 250 gas came with engine and tranny temp and oil pressure.

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Engine oil temperature.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Oil pressure
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

RAllison
Explorer
Explorer
Truck is a gas job. Getting a 3 gage package.

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
How many gauges in the package? EGT, Boost and Transmission temp are kind of the usual add ons.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
If its a automatic I think a transmission temp gauge would be nice.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k