cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to Florida suggestions on campground in Rockledge area

Sango
Explorer
Explorer
We will be going to Florida next month to see our son and his family. They just moved back after four in Germany and are now stationed at Patrick AFB. There is a FAMCAMP there but we can't make reservations because we are retired and only active duty can reserve sites (he is going to see if he can make the reservation in his name). There is a Space Coast RV park close to them. Appreciate any info on good places in that area to stay. Looking to stay at least two weeks.
2018 3500 Dodge Laramie DRW 4 X 4
2019 Bigoot 25C10.4
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport
6 REPLIES 6

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
Manatee hammock near Titusville
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

2manytoyz
Explorer
Explorer
I actually lived at Space Coast RV Park for 1.5 years during the 2004/5 time frame. I had heard horror stories of grumpy management, but NEVER experienced it during all that time.

They were always pleasant, and easy to deal with. I never did see the old man some people mentioned.

I posted pics and details here: http://2manytoyz.com/spacecoast.html

I have NO affiliation with anyone, and wouldn't hesitate recommending it based on my personal experience. It's located directly behind Lowes Home Improvement, and moments away from I-95 (easy access).
Robert
Merritt Island, FL
2023 Thor Quantum KW29
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TOAD
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon TOAD
Falcon 2 Towbar, Roadmaster 9400 Even Brake System
http://www.2manytoyz.com/

Hiking_Hunter
Explorer
Explorer
Sango, you're better going off base anyway. If the family camp is in the same place it was 20 (or so) years ago, it was right off the end of the main runway, and it floods during a heavy rain.
Amateur Radio WA4GIY
2015 Montana High Country 305RL
2013 RAM 3500 4x4, crew cab, long bed, 6.7 CTD, Aisin trans.
CGVW 20460 Lbs.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
There's really not much other than the above two? The next closest are two named Sonrise (that's the correct spelling) - one is on Merritt Island, I'm pretty sure. We bought a condo in Rockledge in January - as we searched for places to stay (with the 5er we took down to FL) along the Space Coast, we found there wasn't much. We actually drove back and forth from the SE Orlando/Whippoorwill Lake KOA.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

P3TC
Explorer
Explorer
Had lots of problems over the years with Space Coast management. Too many rules that they loved to enforce.

Many of the residents were full time and very unfriendly to short termers.

Wickham Prk is a better choice.
:)1998 Monaco Diplomat

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
Wickham Park in Melbourne. County park, FHU. Large sites. Convenient to grocery and not far to either causeway. Weekly rate.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW