cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Golf Carts

VAPOTEET5
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everybody, not sure about all you but I'm super pumped on this upcoming season!! Got lots of trips planned including Disney World from VA..I got a quick question for all you. We want to purchase a golf cart but I'm sketched out about loading it w/ ramps.. Am I the only one? Does anybody have any good recomendations on ramps? Brand/price? We have a 8' bed so plenty of room.. Thanks everybody.
36 REPLIES 36

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
I have the kind that fold in two, think I got them at tractor supply. I try to fine a curb to or a higher place to load/off load.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Beebo wrote:
What kid of truck do you have?

If you are asking Dog Folks, we have a 2005 Dodge Ram 3500.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Mr_Beebo
Explorer
Explorer
What kid of truck do you have?
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Silverado 2500 6.0

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to consider what we did when we had two Harley's to load. Mount a small winch in the front of the truck bed.

We no longer have the bikes but have a golf cart now. It is very easy to load with the winch and no one has to "ride" the cart up the ramps. Set the ramps, attach the winch cables, and push the button.

With the winch pulling the cart up, rather than the cart wheels pushing the ramp back, the ramps do not "kick out."
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Cart fell off the ramps TWICE with me on it.... Loading it is NO JOKE..

YES THE RAMPS WERE TIED OFF.. when an 800 lb golf cart slips 30 lb of ramps don't stand a chance.. Yea, my ramps were 1200 lb rated ramps too.

The wrong ramps = danger...

Okay, now thats all said.... buy really good wide ramps.. no 6 or 7 ft long ramps are no good.

You want LONG, Wide, and STRONG ramps with ladder rung construction. Not like mine.

I had some flat rung Reese Ranch arched 7.5 ft ramps, they slipped and were not safe and I could have easily been very hurt or killed.

naa, to load a golf cart safely in a truck bed.. you need THESE

Long Golf Cart Ramps

Good luck and be safe!!!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Just a thought.
My brother in law has a golf cart. It's heavy... maybe around 800-900 lbs.
Make sure you don't overload your truck by putting the cart in the bed and then adding the tongue weight of your trailer.

He doesn't tow a trailer but does have some kind of ramps for his truck. I'll ask him about them.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everybody, not sure about all you but I'm super pumped on this upcoming season!! Got lots of trips planned including Disney World from VA..I got a quick question for all you. We want to purchase a golf cart but I'm sketched out about loading it w/ ramps.. Am I the only one? Does anybody have any good recomendations on ramps? Brand/price? We have a 8' bed so plenty of room.. Thanks everybody.

Go to a motorcycle or place that sells quads for the right ramp.