cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Got excited yesterday!

thetroutman4
Explorer
Explorer
Saw a Palomino Mavrick TC with a slide yesterday (Saturday) driving into downtown Tulsa. A rare sighting in this TC-poor part of the country! Looked well outfitted on a Ford I think, with bikes mounted on front. Guess I get excited easily! HA!
20 REPLIES 20

btggraphix
Explorer
Explorer
If you are in PA, there is the big dealer in WV that carries Lance. Outdoor Express or something like that...."OERV?". My Lance was originally purchased at that dealer and I had the impression they were a pretty big one. I wasn't terribly impressed with one repair they did for the old owner but whatever....might be a good place to go look at some new ones and it sounded to me like the guy was pretty happy with them.
2006 LanceMax 1191 - loaded and well-used
2005 C4500/Kodiak 4x4, GVWR 17,500

mark_be
Explorer
Explorer
joerg68 wrote:
@Mark_Be: you need to come to one of the german TC rallies ๐Ÿ˜‰ There is one on September 20-22 near Mainz... I'll provide details if you are interested to come.

Same goes for everyone else, of course!

Regards, Joerg

I'm interested, but I'm not sure if I can go. What can I expect there to happen? Does this event have a website?

Thanks,
Mark
2001 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel (DRW Crew cab Long bed)
Sonnax TQ and Sonnax 4R100 rebuild - 6.0 transmission cooler and OTW cooler.

2011 Arctic Fox 992 - 2.5kW propane generator - 315AH Trojan batteries - 2kW pure sine wave inverter - 140Wp solar

RVnMC
Explorer
Explorer
OK...Thx for the heads up!

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
Where did you purchase yours? Unable to find a 6601 to walk through. (
Did you check with Kelly RV in West Milton, Pa.?

Don't waste your time at kelly rv they had one palomino pop up and that was it. and I called for pricing on a maverick max and they were 8000 higher than other places

RVnMC
Explorer
Explorer
We camped at Waterside in Lewistown in 2011.
Oh - That's on the Juniata.

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
RVnMC wrote:
No...I have to look to see where west Milton is. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Maybe Boyertown too.

Its in east central Pa., along the Susquehanna River. As far as I recall they do sell Travel Lite and Palomino, and usually have a few on their lot. I bought my AF TC thru them. Susan is very nice to work with.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

RVnMC
Explorer
Explorer
No...I have to look to see where west Milton is. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Maybe Boyertown too.

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
RVnMC wrote:
steve68steve wrote:
I rarely see them around SE PA, either. I get a LOT of attention with the TC. People do double-takes, stop and look at it, walk around it...

We went to several local RV shows looking for TCs before we bought. Even the dealers 'never heard' of a TC. At a show in NJ, a dealer told me (true story): "we don't carry those - there's just no market for them. Everyone wants a trailer... Oh wait, I remember we took one as a trade once - boy that thing started a bidding war."
Uh, that's the opposite of "no market for them", isn't it?

We finally saw a Maverick at a show in PA - people were mobbing it, amazed that such a thing existed. One lady climbed the steps and loudly proclaimed, "oh my God - it's like an RV in here!!"

Did you check with Kelly RV in West Milton, Pa.?
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
@Mark_Be: you need to come to one of the german TC rallies ๐Ÿ˜‰ There is one on September 20-22 near Mainz... I'll provide details if you are interested to come.

Same goes for everyone else, of course!

Regards, Joerg
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

RVnMC
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks.
I'm looking to sell/consign the toy hauler (I can't tow/park it - Hubby did that)and get a small TT like T@B or a 12-14 RB/RBC model to be pulled by a 6cyl Escape or a small TC for the F250 Super Duty.
It will be used by me and 1 cocker spaniel.
MC for solo trips ON the bike.

steve68steve
Explorer
Explorer
RVnMC wrote:

Good luck - they're like hen's teeth in the Lehigh Valley.
We ended up with a Travel LIte, not a Maverick.

Berks-Mont Camping in Boyertown carries Maverick truck campers, but they only ever have one or two campers in stock. I had a hard time dealing with the guy there and formed a pretty negative opinion.
We purchased from Keystone in Greencastle, PA: there's another terrible dealer story there, but at least they made it right.

Google, Craigslist, and patience are your best allies. Then you have to be willing to travel: Our search took us to Atlantic City, Philadelphia, Greencastle, Boyertown, Hamburg, and Nichols, NY over the course of a few months.
Dealers are not knowledgable, don't carry a lot of inventory, and seem unwilling to deal - they want to sell you what they HAVE (TT's, mostly), not what you want. If you appear desperate to find a TC, well, then they'll attempt to feed on that desperation, too.

Sorry to sound a bit jaded - we had a miserable time finding and buying ours... but it was worth it.
2013 Travel Lite 960RX
2001 Ford F350 Diesel Super Cab Long Bed

RVnMC
Explorer
Explorer
steve68steve wrote:
I rarely see them around SE PA, either. I get a LOT of attention with the TC. People do double-takes, stop and look at it, walk around it...

We went to several local RV shows looking for TCs before we bought. Even the dealers 'never heard' of a TC. At a show in NJ, a dealer told me (true story): "we don't carry those - there's just no market for them. Everyone wants a trailer... Oh wait, I remember we took one as a trade once - boy that thing started a bidding war."
Uh, that's the opposite of "no market for them", isn't it?

We finally saw a Maverick at a show in PA - people were mobbing it, amazed that such a thing existed. One lady climbed the steps and loudly proclaimed, "oh my God - it's like an RV in here!!"

mark_be
Explorer
Explorer
thetroutman4 wrote:
mark_be wrote:
I would get excited as well if I saw an (other) American TC (than mine) over here. ๐Ÿ™‚

I could understand that!

It has never happened before, unfortunately. Two days ago I saw a Ford Superduty truck. The previous one was at least 2 years ago. "Lots" of Dodge Ram's, though.

Once in a blue moon, we do see an American class A or C while traveling, but that's about it. And they're usually pretty old as well.
2001 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel (DRW Crew cab Long bed)
Sonnax TQ and Sonnax 4R100 rebuild - 6.0 transmission cooler and OTW cooler.

2011 Arctic Fox 992 - 2.5kW propane generator - 315AH Trojan batteries - 2kW pure sine wave inverter - 140Wp solar

thetroutman4
Explorer
Explorer
steve68steve wrote:

HA! That's a good one! They do resemble an RV now that you mention it... :B