cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got her home!

Ed-N-Dani
Explorer
Explorer
I thought Id share, finally picked up the Freedom 500 yesterday. I really appreciate all of the help and the information that I was able to search on the forum. It definitely simplified and made the trip much safer.

Loading was a shaky experience to say the least. When they off loaded it they put it in a spot that had a terrible slope and a perfect distance from the road that when I backed my truck up to it it left my front tires in the road which made the rear of my truck sit way to high to get it under the camper. I ended up letting the pressure down in the back tires to 10lbs and running the front tires up on 2x10s.

I will have some questions soon as during the loading process I noticed some things that I believe I'm going to need to make changes to too make the camper sit correctly in the bed.

Thanks again!

Ed
Please BUY AMERICAN MANUFACTURED PRODUCTS!
8 REPLIES 8

Ed-N-Dani
Explorer
Explorer
Thats crazy. I bought a harness assemly and plug in Amazon for 30 bucks. Wired it and it would of been perfect if it wasnt about 4 feet too short. I had to butcher splice it on the spot but will order a longer cable and rewire it. I couldnt belive how cheap I was able to make the cable for. Camping world quoted me 185 to make it for me.

Ed

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations on new toy. Sure playing in 104F heat is fun 😄
My Fleetwood is orphan as well, but camper parts are pretty universal, so the only problem I had was finding replacement for bathroom cabinet latch.
The cable routing on campers for some strange reason come from 5th wheel setups.
On my Fleetwood I do have trailer cable extension, so from front electrical box on pickup, the 12V power and camper lights wires go 18 feet to the rear plug, then 12' of cable to junction on front of the camper, than internal, about 14' long loop takes the power around the camper to electrical box on rear right side.
That is like 45 feet of wire to carry power between boxes that are 12 feet apart.

Ed-N-Dani
Explorer
Explorer
~DJ~ wrote:
Congrats!! Looks great for it's age. Beautiful truck too.

Thank you.

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats!! Looks great for it's age. Beautiful truck too.
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

Rangerider
Explorer
Explorer
Ed-N-Dani wrote:
RoyB wrote:
Who makes your Freedom 500... Is that NORTHSTAR

Roy Ken

Its from an episode of King of Queens Super funny. 😄 Its a 91 Sunline

Ed

Roadbird Freedom 5000. Make yourself a mixed tape. :B
Me & the Wife
2012 Thor Hurricane 32A
Future Toad: 2008 Honda CR-V

Ed-N-Dani
Explorer
Explorer
Ill share one of the experiences from this trip. . Its 91 Sunline so as far as getting many of the parts is difficult as they are non existent. The light set up on this model requires a long cable that stretches from the front of the camper to the rear bumper to get the 12vt, tail lights etc connected. I had to make the cable as no one makes them since Sunline is dead in the water. I see myself as fairly sharp and I have wired trailer lights so it don't see it as a big deal. I made the cable and when we test the lights everything works except for the brake lights. When I hit the brakes the back up lights come on. wtf...I scratch my head. Take the plug apart and check the wiring. It all looks correct. I end up doing this three times and I'm just about to rip the light sockets out and tape them to the upper part of the lens so I can at least get it home low and behold I realize someone put the lens cover back on upside down and the brakes were ok from the beginning. Normally Id chuckle and call my self a knuckle head for wasting 30 minutes on this but in 104 degree weather that wasn't exactly how I felt about it at the time. I'm laughing now though.

Ed

Ed-N-Dani
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:

Roy Ken

Its from an episode of King of Queens Super funny. 😄 Its a 91 Sunline

Ed

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS