cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Got things covered!

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Last camper had roof problems, not going there again. Should keep most of the rain and sun off of it. 12'h X 24'w X 25'l.

Kinda of a tight angled space to work with, but it fits good and looks decent. Boat will replace truck in picture.

We use our boat and camper once a month minimum 12 months a year. Going to be awesome to just drop or pickup and go without covers or leaving in the elements. Very happy so far.

2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73
21 REPLIES 21

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would dig some post holes, fill with concrete with a "U" bolt on top. Then chain the structure to the "U" bolt. It's still a temporary structure. We can get some horrendous winds.
Thanks for the structure report. I'm still thinking about getting one.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
bighatnohorse wrote:
I'm glad that guy worked out for you. I still have his literature from the last home show.
It looks like the structure is just resting on the ground - not attached. Is it?
Are you planning to fasten it to earth somehow?

It's staked with big spikes in a bunch of spots. We'll see how it does this weekend with the wind we're getting. Told it is good for big winds, we'll see. I have good insurance if not....
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm glad that guy worked out for you. I still have his literature from the last home show.
It looks like the structure is just resting on the ground - not attached. Is it?
Are you planning to fasten it to earth somehow?
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

run100
Explorer
Explorer
I want one too! Unfortunately, no room on my lot.
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
I want one! Nice

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks great. I have a 26"x31" on order, $5500 including tax and install.

Do I need it, no. Do I want it yes.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Camp, Forrest, Camp! wrote:
Is 12' the peak or the opening height?

Opening. I had about 4" of clearance at the AC unit backing it in. My truck is slightly higher than stock. The peak I guess is 15-16'
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Oregun wrote:
Does that kind of structure need permits and does it increase property taxes?

It can need permits. I'm not in a city, county rural and it's "Temporary", never heard of any problems from tons of people in my neck of the woods.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
Is 12' the peak or the opening height?
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.

Oregun
Nomad
Nomad
Does that kind of structure need permits and does it increase property taxes?

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
Area13 wrote:
Tizi wrote:
who did the work for you? I am interested in something similar for my house/RV.

I went through this guy. He's local and sets everything up for you over the phone and gets you dialed in and gives recommendations. Price seems the same no matter where you go. It ends up being west coast metal buildings doing the work. They called a week ahead of time, showed up when they said, installed in 3 hours, did good work and left.

I went with 12 gauge, extra braces and a-frame vertical roof, 6 ft walls with gables. It cost about $4600 including tax.

Not bad at all. I need something similar, thanks for the reference!
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Nice! Gonna do that myself one of these days.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Tizi wrote:

I went through this guy. He's local and sets everything up for you over the phone and gets you dialed in and gives recommendations. Price seems the same no matter where you go. It ends up being west coast metal buildings doing the work. They called a week ahead of time, showed up when they said, installed in 3 hours, did good work and left.

I went with 12 gauge, extra braces and a-frame vertical roof, 6 ft walls with gables. It cost about $4600 including tax.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo