cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Happijac front jacks not working

umpqua
Explorer
Explorer
Need to load the camper in the morning and both of the front jacks are not working

I checked the controller and everything seems OK. I can hear a "click" from the controller when I press a button on the remote, but nothing happens at the jack.

It is both front jacks. Both rear jacks appear to be working fine.
If I can't figure out a quick solution I'll resort to the hand crank, but hope I don't have to. The truck is quite high and it is nice to move both sides up together (and a great deal faster.

Any insights or experience would be appreciated.
2006 Ford F350
2004 Bigfoot 2500 10.6
4 REPLIES 4

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good idea suds, re: fuses.

I agree, i would leave the tc on the truck unless i was parked i my driveway or at the dealership, just too many issues with jacks. Been down that 'faulty jack' road a few times...not fun . Luckily they all occurred at home/dealership.

I have more jacks info , that may be of interest to you . Read first post re: manual overide.
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/19392609/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1

Good luck umpqua, have a safe trip , Bob

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
open the hj controller (under wardrobe draws)there two 30 amp fuses one for the front and one for the back set
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

umpqua
Explorer
Explorer
Once I get it on I'll leave it on for the trip. This is a quick weekend trip and I need the truck next weekend to haul some lumber, so will come off relatively quickly this time.

Batteries are fine. 2 new golf cart batteries on full charge. Rear jacks are running properly. I've been through a bad battery situation and had it take about an hour with the camper plugged into the truck to raise the jacks a little bit at a time.

I did send an email to Happijac last night, but with the holiday weekend I don't anticipate hearing from them until next week. Hopefully they will be able to assist and while I may have to hand crank it on, I won't have to repeat in the removal...
2006 Ford F350
2004 Bigfoot 2500 10.6

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Might be a low volt battery situation, batts have to have a full charge. http://forums.goodsamclub.com/Index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24413277/gotomsg/24413331.cfm

When you go away do you plan to take the camper on/off your truck or do you leave it on ?