cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hello im new here with a new TT

mdw60
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, Im Mark here, I had a SnowRiver truckcamper for 10 years and it was been great. the last 3 years my wife was getting sick of it due to claiming over the cab and falling off the steps. I did had a hard time over the cab too cuz of my back and knees were killing me.
Im missing my TC so much it was hard on me for a while. its the best TC I ever owned.
the new TT we got is Crossroad sunset trail 26rbs.
hoping I get a good feedbacks on this TT forum as it did in TC forum. does anyone here owned a sunset trail? how was it? Im going to try it this Friday. will see how it goes.
thanks
Mark
;)02' 6.0 (gas) CHEVY SILVERADO CREWCAB DULLY
Crossroad sunset trail 26rb TT.
2010 8.5 NorthStar Arrow TC.
Homemade boat trailer/redneck 12'sea king.
9 REPLIES 9

mdw60
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
Well, Mark, you didn't really lose ALL your offroad fun. First, there are places where you can boondock with a bigger trailer, like the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. And second, once you park your trailer, you will find that your truck is a lot more nimble than it was with a TC on top. We boondock a lot and use our TT as a base camp, with offroad day trips in the truck.

If you have a minute, click on my "Trips" link in my signature to see what I mean.

Admittedly, a TT is not a truck camper -- but if handled carefully, a TT can get you close to the places that TCs can go.

I saw your road trips, very nice and your trailer is small. the trailer I have is 30ft. will be very limit to use on off road. thanks for your feel back.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, Mark, you didn't really lose ALL your offroad fun. First, there are places where you can boondock with a bigger trailer, like the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. And second, once you park your trailer, you will find that your truck is a lot more nimble than it was with a TC on top. We boondock a lot and use our TT as a base camp, with offroad day trips in the truck.

If you have a minute, click on my "Trips" link in my signature to see what I mean.

Admittedly, a TT is not a truck camper -- but if handled carefully, a TT can get you close to the places that TCs can go.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

x96mnn
Explorer
Explorer
Have a friend with one, think it is a 240bh, about 6000pds loaded up. Tows great with his ram 1500 and a husky centre line.

No major issues, biggest thing one of the front decals pealed. Dealer replaced it.

mdw60
Explorer
Explorer
I chose the TT for one reason, the BOAT. my boat is 12ft albumin craft so its easy to load on the truck. and yes I did have to give up off road fun. I cant win!

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
You'll find it's much harder towing and you'll have less access to off-road spots, as well as mobility. But trailers are great for access and actually living in, much better than a TC, if you don't mind losing the mobility. Plus you can easily unhook and ditch them when you want more freedom, then come back to your camp spot w/o worrying about losing it.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Any RV requires constant vigilence to maintain. I have looked at the SST reserve series and thought they were nice. Big thing is getting the right floorplan for you.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is a nice rig, you sure won't have to worry about space issues with this floor layout. All brands make good and not so good trailers sometimes making it important to purchase from a customer service oriented dealer. Hope you have a great time on your maiden voyage.

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
A good rule of thumb is, if your spouse likes the floor plan, you will like the TT.

The advantages to a TT are storage, convenience and ease of access.

You will hear good and bad stories about any model TT.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

jbarkley
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome Mark:)