cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Where is everyone? Marty is still alive, he posted over on general.

Anyone know what is best (gas or diesel)?

How much air should I put in my tires?

I did see the picture of Phil's new Ford on FW section. Very nice! Ford gassers are best, aren't they?

Have a great day!

Jerry
66 REPLIES 66

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Here's what it looked like about 30 minutes before I handed over the cash to some guy in Oregon and loaded it on the trailer.
Covid project, but ended up driving it all spring summer and fall last year, thus defeating the purpose of gettin some work done when the world didn't know whether it was foot or horseback and the kids were bored with no sports and school at home last year.
Paint is all purchased and ready to go. Same colors. 2 stage base/clear.
Short list of to do's before paint.
Fix 3 more rust holes around windshield frame.
Another round of High build primer and block out the doors and front fenders 1 more time.
Pull 2 little dents under the back window. (Bought cab trim to cover, but it doesn't...)
Spray entire truck with sealer coat of primer prior to base coat
That's it!
Best part is, there's probably only about 8oz of bondo on the whole truck!

On a serious note, I need to find someone to blast the inside of the bed. It never was stripped and repainted like the rest of the truck was and still has the original peeling paint. I'm not sanding and scraping the inside of the bed. Too many bends and hard to reach spots.
Found a guy who will do it reasonably, but I have to deliver the bed to him during working hours. Not horribly difficult since I have the bed on a stout dolly and a trailer with a ramp, but I'm never home during the day...
Anyone know of a mobile blaster in the Maple Valley area? I have enough space and gravel that it would be a super simple option.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Since this is the super duper off topic tow rig thread, here's the old truck. (It's a tow vehicle!)
Got it so close to ready to paint, I can almost taste the base coat!

Any of you Washingtonians handy with paint gun, sanding block or welder looking for a rewarding way to kill some time in this horrible weather we're having, Hershey's Auto Body is hiring. Full benefits (indoor plumbing, heat, free beer) and competitive pay (free beer, with a pizza as a sign on bonus!). C'mon over!

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
MFL wrote:
Hey Ron, when did ya get the jeep? Should work fine for the bike trailer, boat, maybe not?

Jerry

No way on the boat it’s over 7k and no brake controller. Bought from my Dad last Summer with 2,400 miles. Has leveling suspension? and tow package.

Has the V6 but is very quick. Get a honest 21 running 75 highways and city mix.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hey Ron, when did ya get the jeep? Should work fine for the bike trailer, boat, maybe not?

Jerry

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
Chris -

I'm sorry for your loss... Glad your keeping your mind occupied.....

We took a couple rides this Summer.

Shared some PMs with Chris quite a while ago. Nice guy, and the type of fellow that always lands on his feet! Nice pic of guys enjoying some bike time!

99FXDWG
My riding buddy just bought this a week ago. His first ever Harley. I've owned two, a long while ago. He says Winter project?? Will be interesting, since he is a Canyon Dancer type rider. He is an Exec in the motorsports industry, with unlimited resources to build whatever? I'll likely get to take it for a rip next Summer!

Jerry

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I towed my MC trailer with our Jeep Grand Cherokee.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
"So much for tow vehicles. Please rename as Fishing Tales."

I used my F550 to tow the boat the last time I went dipnetting. I used the F250 several times this year to tow the boat to the lake for fishing and sightseeing.

I didn't tow anything with the Jeep Wrangler, but have towed a 4-place sno-go trailer with the Toyota Sequoia.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
Chris -

We took a couple rides this Summer.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
bucky wrote:
So much for tow vehicles. Please rename as Fishing Tales.

Try to keep up....

Chris -

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
bucky wrote:

Hey bucky, I could change, or add to my title, but fishing tales will just lead to more of same. 🙂 At least a pic of pretty lady fisherperson!

My thread is just a BS thread, to motivate some forum activity. Post whatever subject you would like, pics make it more interesting. Feel free to post a pic of your TV, a SxS, MC, snowmobile, or GF, as long as Marty permits.

Not a TV, just taking a friend for a ride.

Jerry

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Puma 30RKSS

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
It is often interesting to dipnet up here (Alaska) for salmon....not really sport fishing, more of a meat haul, but one always runs the chance of missing the run during the 1-3 day opener.

Anyway...when you bring in a limit of 30-60 fish (not many silvers, but reds and some kings), it is interesting to see just what tribulations the salmon can survive and still make it upstream: lots of faint striations? That one got out of a net; just flat missing a chunk? Bear or seal escape artist. Odd notch or missing small fin? Hatchery fish that got confused. Deep regular gouges; again, bear, seal, possibly Beluga escape artist. (infrequently on the dipnet areas): Salmon with a hook embedded in it's back or even in the underside? Got out of a snagging situation.

Again, salmon are tough: surviving those situations and retaining enough strength and drive to make it several days upriver from the saltwater.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
These fish are brought in quickly and many times the single barbless hook falls out. The fish are struggling and still very alive but for whatever reason some simply don't just swim off. I have heard this from many others.

I have no idea ,no experience like that with salmon why that would happen .They are a pretty hardy fish, they have to be to be able to make their spawning run .The few silver salmon I have caught in the ocean were kept ,but that was over 30 years ago. The salmon I have caught in Alaska have been on a river, and released with out problems .

I see trout that sometimes doesn't take much to get them on their side ,especially in the warm weather in the summer , but usually working them a little before letting them go, they will swim off pretty well. .

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
These fish are brought in quickly and many times the single barbless hook falls out. The fish are struggling and still very alive but for whatever reason some simply don't just swim off. I have heard this from many others.