Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help finding the right TT model

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello All,

I am in search of some people that might be bored and interested in searching the internet to hopefully help me come up with the model TT I am looking for. I have been looking at dealer and manufacturer websites for months and loose track of what I have found. My hope is if I post the things I am looking for this community will help me create a reference list of models for me to research and go look at. As I am sure many of you have experienced, I am finding it hard to find the model that has all of the things I am looking for. Easy to find models with some. So.. The basics we are looking for are..

- 31-36' a least 2 slides with a bunk room. One slide should be in the bunk room.
- Outside Kitchen (if dual bunk room slide we can live without but would like this feature)
- Electric tongue jack (Can be added I know. Would love electric Stab jacks as well but not necessary)
- External speakers, electric awning at least 16'.
- "Rounded roof and ceiling". Not sure what they call this but I have seen some now have an arched ceiling which gives a large feel
- Bathroom can be any type although we would love the neo angled shower. Hard to find in bunk house TT's. Again, we are fine with standard tub but would simply favor the corner shower if possible
- We would also prefer doors to the bedrooms not curtains or accordion doors. Are willing to accept curtains in bunk room if necessary
- OK, here is the tough one. All of the above can be found in many TT's but I need ultra light with a dry weight 7k or less and a tongue weight 850b or less. I guess we can push this a little like 7200b but really don't want to push it

I know something is out there. Passports for example have everything we want except the rounded ceiling and we really like that. Others have everything we want but have a dry weight of almost 9k. Quality is important as well. We like a nice trailer with good build quality and appearance, tows nice, easy to setup, etc etc. Would consider toy haulers as well but tongue weight seems to count most of those out.

I would really appreciate any suggestions, feedback, and help in this search as I am starting to get frustrated. Every brand has a floor plan we like but seem to be missing one or more of the features we like. Thanks in advance!
12 REPLIES 12

Bobbyg2013
Explorer
Explorer
I AM CURRENTLY E MAILING WANA RV ABOUT A PURCHASE FROM THEM. GOOD PRICE BUT THEY TOLD ME THEY WANT ME TO PAY FOR THE UNIT BEFORE I DO MY PDI AND 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO PICKING UP THE UNIT. DON'T THINK I WANT TO DO THIS.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Check this one out: Coachmen Apex 300BHS
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

Bobj616
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Cruiser RV Funfinder 301KIBH.I think it meets all your criteria . I don't know if I can mention it but Wana RV in Shipshewanna IN has the best prices I have seen.I am considering driving from Texas to get a trailer next spring. I don't seem to be able to find a local (150 mi) dealer that wants to deal.
2015 Arctic Fox 25Y
2013 F250 6.2

Rescue16
Explorer
Explorer
kfp673 wrote:
Rescue16 wrote:
Keystone Cougar 32RBK is what I have and meets all your requirements. Have had for almost 2 years and love ours!!

Also a very nice unit! but I think it may be too heavy. I am seeing 7500 dry. I want to keep the fully loaded (minus water) weight to under 8k for sure and I'm not sure I could do that with the cougar. Do you have an accurate weight of yours? Really looks nice!

Well after driving it over the scales you are correct do not think it will work for you loaded for camping with 1/4 tank of fresh water and both gray water and black water tanks empty I was a 9118 lbs
Rescue 16 - United States Navy Retired and Proud
Lovely Wife Carla 🙂
The Crew Alicia and Johnathan :B
The Camping Dog Kamp Chaos 🙂
2013 Keystone Cougar 32RBK
2006 Ford F350 Crew Cab Lariat 6.0 PowerStroke

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! That certainly looks like a decent option. I may have to go check it out. I would definitely need to remove the accordion doors on the bedroom. My kids have managed to destroy most of the accordion window shades in our current TT let alone a door! Would almost rather a curtain but I think that could be an easy change. Is the bullet essentially a fancier version of passport?

Mine only has curtains, no accordian doors. The floorplan is available under many brand names, not sure which are fancier.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

KMP44
Explorer
Explorer
You could check out the Rockwood Signature Ultralite (or its Flagstaff twin). If you use the under 7200 lbs, it meets everything on your list. Bedroom has pocket doors, has 2 awnings, shower, outside kitchen, even offer power stabilizers. We looked at a different sig ultralite plan last summer, with the diamond package. Super nice. And I believe every Rockwood series uses the curved roof.
2005 F-150 FX-4
2013 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Can your tow vehicle support 1000 pounds of tongue weight? Most family oriented vehicles cannot support it, receiver, payload, or both. Verify what you got as vehicle tow ratings are rarely RV tow ratings.

Keystone Passport 2920 and 3220 are even lighter than your requirements.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rescue16 wrote:
Keystone Cougar 32RBK is what I have and meets all your requirements. Have had for almost 2 years and love ours!!

Also a very nice unit! but I think it may be too heavy. I am seeing 7500 dry. I want to keep the fully loaded (minus water) weight to under 8k for sure and I'm not sure I could do that with the cougar. Do you have an accurate weight of yours? Really looks nice!

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
camp-n-family wrote:
My current tt covers all of those requests with the exception of the bedroom doors and neo angle shower. You'll be hard pressed to find interior doors as they will interfere with the slides. You could add them yourself. Has everything else on the list and weighs 6400lbs delivered. We're 7600lbs loaded for a family of 4 (no water) with 950lbs tongue weight.

Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR

Build quality has been very good. Had ours for 2 years and no issues. Tows great. Very stable with the wide axle stance.

Thanks! That certainly looks like a decent option. I may have to go check it out. I would definitely need to remove the accordion doors on the bedroom. My kids have managed to destroy most of the accordion window shades in our current TT let alone a door! Would almost rather a curtain but I think that could be an easy change. Is the bullet essentially a fancier version of passport?

Rescue16
Explorer
Explorer
Rescue 16 - United States Navy Retired and Proud
Lovely Wife Carla 🙂
The Crew Alicia and Johnathan :B
The Camping Dog Kamp Chaos 🙂
2013 Keystone Cougar 32RBK
2006 Ford F350 Crew Cab Lariat 6.0 PowerStroke

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
double post
Hitched by Hensley

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
My current tt covers all of those requests with the exception of the bedroom doors and neo angle shower. You'll be hard pressed to find interior doors as they will interfere with the slides. You could add them yourself. Has everything else on the list and weighs 6400lbs delivered. We're 7600lbs loaded for a family of 4 (no water) with 950lbs tongue weight.

Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR

Build quality has been very good. Had ours for 2 years and no issues. Tows great. Very stable with the wide axle stance.
Hitched by Hensley