cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help!!! Please. 1992 Pastime camper my markerlights "hub"

Dustin2Dags
Explorer
Explorer
I have attached a few pictures....I tore apart a wall, as I thought some one (to save money) just rewired the 5 pin with only three wires.
I have looked all over looking for where the main power is fed to all the marker lights and I cant find them.

The pictures are of the wall I tore out, behind the inverter (I can account for all the wires)But none for marker lights. Any one with knowledge of were I can tap in as they do not work. Any help would be great thanks!!

URL photos only? not sure if the photos will work..
27 REPLIES 27

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Awesome-perseverance -
Returned & checked to see if you made progress.
Cool
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

Victory402
Explorer
Explorer
Great job Dustin. Glad you didn't have to much trouble. Vic

Dustin2Dags
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Victory!! with a bit of what you said I was able to find it. your key word was GREEN. I assumed (first mistake) that incoming wires were (ground battery neutral) I I over looked that. My bad. I had looked in side one marker light and was nice and clean, but I thought I would look at another and it was dirty and ground was not clean..skip ahead 2 out of the 12 were dirty and needed cleaning (sandpaper and some rubbing) and also the pig tail (going into camper) was mis wired( just colors were off) they had a short black lead (possible extension) and more then likely had it on hand so the colors mismatched. Also heavily corroded. did some cleaning and bam they all work!!! so thanks for all the help!! legal beagle now!!

Victory402
Explorer
Explorer
If it were me I would look around the cavity next to your water tank.

Victory402
Explorer
Explorer
I think the white wire is usually the neutral. even though that 6" wire looks funky it may not be the problem. My marker light wire is green and it comes into the camper inside an upper cabinet. Can you locate any wires that are not black or white?

Dustin2Dags
Explorer
Explorer
Victory, the first picture is where you speak of, only three wires. still playing around with some things to hope to locate it, but would love anyone with some incite! ( :

Dustin2Dags
Explorer
Explorer

sweet thanks for the help, sorry that was painful for some. / : here is the 6 "s of stripped wire to sheet metal

Victory402
Explorer
Explorer
Dustin, hold off on that hole drilling. wait for some of the tc gurus to chime in on this. The wire you seek should be easy to locate. It should be where the wire plug goes into the camper. Vic

Dustin2Dags
Explorer
Explorer
ok great Ill try that thanks Buzzcut

Dustin2Dags
Explorer
Explorer
ok just to make sure I just hooked up a 12V to one light(from the out side), and yup they all light up. So looks like one option would be to drill a hole and redo one light. add a switch and hook it up the the power (from truck) then just have to not forget to turn them off. I'm still hoping some one has a 1992 Pastime camper with lights that work, could tell me where the factor supply would be. But much thanks for that idea, as I had non. ( :

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
dustin in photobucket choose the IMG Tag option for posting your urls here paste them into you message then right after the .jpg you insert a space then type width=640

so the end will look like this

.jpg width=640 followed with no space by the closing IMG tag
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Dustin2Dags
Explorer
Explorer
I do like the idea of running one "hot" wire to one light and seeing if they work!! not sure why they used two different foam/insulation (pink) I was thinking that some one at some point had a "short" in the wiring, and to save money they only wired the inside to work and forgot(or to save money) left out the out side. That is why I "ripped" the wall out. thinking I would find two more wires. I did not. ) : also something I did not expect. the white wire is "grounded" to the out side skin or sheet metal. they cut about 6" r bear wire and stapled) it to the metal.

Only issue I have with wiring one hot wire to one light (for permanent) I would have to drill/damage, the inside wall and re seal the one marker light. Its not that big of deal, but i would like to find the spot where it was wired from the factory. (for aesthetics and resale)

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
It 'appears' incoming or camper umbilical is entering on the 1st pic where the white (foam?) board is? Curious 2 different insul. Anyway I would assume thats where campers wiring would be. Wonder why dissconnected.
Never said taillights? Might run a hot (fuesed) wire to one of the markers and see if they work? Im thinking if you cant loacted buried wire feeding them and running a hot to one and rest work, possibly snaking a wire inside on surface to one light, Im running over the hill for a while
Good luck
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

Dustin2Dags
Explorer
Explorer
I got a great deal (I think) on this camper. Everything worked except for the out side lighting. only thing is I cant find the wiring. I have scanned inside and out. I use the camper pretty much just in the summer for Racing motorcycles. Right now im limited to transport during the day, as the marker lights don't work. I assume they need to or I might get a ticket at night. not 100% but I would like to get them working even if that is not the case, as I would like to use it to drive back and forth to MN (where I grew up) I have all the skills to make it work once I find the location of the main power. How ever I seam to be lacking the hide and seek skill for the wire I'm talking about. If you have any tips or have a very similar camper I'm all ears!!!! I would be willing to trade favors too if your local. Diesel tech by trade. And yes I would think a tech like myself could figure this out....I have been humbled. ( :