cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hex shower options

pacpiper
Explorer
Explorer
Debut trip in the StarCraft 239TBS and I had forgotten how horrible corner showers are. It wasn't too bad until I noticed the puddles forming after every shower this weekend as the family all tried it out for fit and function.

I know there are many options from Velcro to command strips to stay dry shower systems but I wanted to know if there is a solution to the leaky shower curtain woes that I'm not thinking about. I have considered custom surround with door but until then I'd like to see if I'm missing something.
2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4x4
5.7 HEMI, 3.92 Rear
2016 StarCraft Travelstar 239 TBS
(2005 Gulfstream Innsbruck 295DBS-RETIRED)
4 REPLIES 4

pacpiper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all.

Clearly the weak link in this camper. I'll think of something.
2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4x4
5.7 HEMI, 3.92 Rear
2016 StarCraft Travelstar 239 TBS
(2005 Gulfstream Innsbruck 295DBS-RETIRED)

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
My shower curtain wraps inward on the shower a few inches and we try to make sure it is smoothed along the wall.

The problem I had with my corner shower was that water would run down the walls and hit the gap where the walls and tub came together. If the camper wasn't perfectly level it would then travel down the gap, behind the curtain, and down onto the floor. This had me stumped for little while, but I finally figured it out.

To solve, I took some tub and tile caulk and made a little dam at the corners that would direct the water back into the tub.

Since I did this I have never had another puddle on the floor unless the curtain wasn't completely closed and the shower accidentally sprayed out.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
I had a StarCraft Hybrid for many years with a corner shower. Never had any problem with water getting out. Never spraying towards the curtain might have helped! Only issue I had was the odd placement of the toilet paper holder. It was on the front bottom lip of the shower. When stepping out of the shower water dripped onto the roll.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
pacpiper wrote:
... but I wanted to know if there is a solution to the leaky shower curtain woes that I'm not thinking about. I have considered custom surround with door but until then I'd like to see if I'm missing something.

You haven't indicated the size of corner shower you have in your new Starcraft but if it's not at least a 36" neo angle shower you won't be adding any kind of "custom surround with door" as there just won't be enough room. Looking at your floorplan that shower looks awfully small, perhaps as small as the 24" shower we have in our current Freedom Express, and if so you might want to consider the mods (6 pics) I made to ours that not only created more space inside the shower but also eliminated any issues with water leaking beyond the shower pan. 🙂
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380