cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How often..

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
How often do you replace your trailer tires?
22 REPLIES 22

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I bought my 1993 TT 10 years ago it had the original tires on it. I replaced them right away. I replaced them again this year. The old ones still looked good but, I have heard to many stories on here about blow outs.

I always purchase tires that are rated heavier then what the TT actually weighs. I also keep the TT in a shed. And, I don't go far from home so they don't get very many miles on them.

mlh
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
falconbrother wrote:
How often do you replace your trailer tires?

ROFLMAO..... never saw this question asked before.....
Did a new rvnet member steal your handle or are you just pulling our leg here??

But at least it was a very vague, ambiguous question sure to stir up a bunch of useless fodder and you can pick the โ€œrightโ€ answer to support your own opinion!

Judging by all the other responses except yours, it appears that this thread isn't just "useless fodder". Seems to be moving right along similar to an earlier fuel mileage thread where only the OP's information is correct and everyone else is just wrong.
2021 Ram 2500 Crew, 6.4, 4x4
2022 Cherokee Arctic Wolf 287BH
B and W patriot 18k slider.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
About every 3 to 4 years. That has always been when they fail.

DURO bias, failed about 3.5 years. One blew and the rest were coming apart. OEM tire.
Denman Express radial just over 3 years. Lost the entire cap. Still held air long enough to pull over.
MAXXIS just short of 4 years and one of the tread caps was ripping off. Put the spare on and kept rolling.

My GY Endurance are doing fine so far. Had one repairable road hazard. Still have a MAXXIS spare that got me 1000 miles home that time. Hoping to go 5 years on these. (knocks on wood)

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
We bought G good year 614's every 5 years and never had any issues and really no wear on the tires. Original tires were G 159's. alpenlite was a 2001 model.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
We bought G good year 614's every 5 years and never had any issues and really no wear on the tires. Original tires were G 159's. alpenlite was a 2001 model.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
about every 3-4 years on the trailer. by that time they have 15-20K miles or so on them and tread is down to the point I normally change tires at.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I replace them about every three years. I rotate them through to my cargo trailer or car hauler.
Having a flat locally with either of them isn't as bad as having a flat on the interstate with the TT.

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
when they need replacing, most time its around 6-8 years, but I just replaced one with a broken belt at 3 years.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
On autos 6-7 years

just replace the 20 month old tires on my travel trailer, because too many china bombs have just let loose while traveling down the road.

I do agree with 4-5 years assessment above.

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
About fifteen years ago, I had two blow outs within a month on tires that look almost as if they were new, but were five years old.
Ever since, I get new ones every four years

Guy

kayzap
Explorer
Explorer
Every four years.

Have an aluminum trailer and the cost to repair skin damage from a blown tire is a lot more than a set of tires.
1960 Airstream
Adventure is everywhere but sittin
in your chair at home. Go get some.

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
on the side of the freeway in a angry panic! When they need to be replaced obviously!

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
my last trailer I went 10 years with out a problem, the one before that 10 years no issues, this one i am on 4 years and I noticed a broken bead on a tire so I replaced that this spring. kinda when they need replacing for me, but I am wondering if the type of roads are different causing more stress on the tires down there? who knows.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
5-6 years.

Last year I bought a used cargo trailer which had really old tires on it. I replaced them with Goodyear Endurance

I also have the tires / wheels balanced for the reasons described in this video.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator